Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 F350 w/ 6.4 diesel. I installed a sliptank and installed it directly into the fuel fill spout. It fills with a 12 v pump, low volume. Inlet and outlet lines are installed so if the tank fills up it will just return back to the tank and not pressure up. Since I have installed it though the fuel gauge hasnt moved down, Couple of days driving 120 miles. I know when I filled the tank it was right full so it was returning back to the sliptank. Would it make that much of a difference to have it that full or do you think the fuel float might be stuck. Thanks.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Guaranteed, when I take the trucks fuel cap off I can see the ports that I installed and no fuel comes out. Plus I dont think it would syphon through the inline fuel filter and fuel pump that I installed.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Im not sure what a "sliptank" is....but I have an aux fuel tank tool box combo in the bed of my truck. I have a gravity feed line that goes into the filler neck. Mine has never stuck and I know its full. If you take the cap off fuel runs out (dont ask how i know this).

Do you think fuel is gravity feeding past your pump or possibly filling from the return line? Either way I dont think its a prob.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It jumps around. Will go down as I drive, but resets itself but to maximum miles.The fuel in the auxilary tank is still full so its definately not syphoning in, and like I said before I know when I engaged the 12v pump it was as full as it possible could be so it would lift back up and recycle back to the auxilary tank. No real pressure would of been applied but I guess is it possible that having it that full would either stick the float or would having it that full make that much of a difference for the level to come off the full gauge.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
120 miles. Seems like it should have moved by now don't it.
After another 100 miles try a bumpy road or railroad tracks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts