Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
99' 7.3L F250

Hi. I've recently had some trouble with my engine shuting down randomly. Since my truck still has its original CPS, I thought I would go ahead and replace it. Unfortunately I've been unable to loosen the CPS's bolt. I tried 10mm box and socket wrenches but have paused my efforts since they've both slipped and somewhat rounded the bolt. I dont want to worsen the situation by completely rounding it (the bolt seems especially soft). This bolt is in fact 10mm right?

Has anyone else had this issue? Is there a technique to getting this bolt off? Any comments would be really appreciated.

-art

·
Premium Member
9,470 Posts
10mm is right, you're using a 6-point socket? (not a 12)

There's nothing like an impact tool for breaking loose a fastener if you can get one (that DeWalt impact might do the trick) and a good, thick, impact 6-point socket......

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
10mm is right, you're using a 6-point socket? (not a 12)

There's nothing like an impact tool for breaking loose a fastener if you can get one (that DeWalt impact might do the trick) and a good, thick, impact 6-point socket......
The socket is 6 but I just looked at the box wrench and its 12. I guess thats the rounding problem right there. I was using the box wrench because the 10mm socket I have only fits my small ratchet (which wasn't working very well).

I think I'll try and get a hold of an adapter so I can try the socket with the larger ratchet

thank for the reply,
-art

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.