Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been smelling a strong fuel smell, it is strongest at driver side valve cover I have checked all fuel lines and can't find any leaks, Possible injector?? please help me narrow this down getting very frustrated

·
Johnny Law Brown
366 Posts
check your coolant reservoir if your smelling fuel and you don't have an external leak then you probably have an internal leak

·
shaking things up
3,650 Posts
that is where the ccv is do you have a hole in the ccv hose or any parts of the ccv? also change your oil and see if that helps this is based on the ccv being right there and if you have a lil fuel in your oil you would smell it if there where holes in there

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have checked the coolant and the oil and no fuel smell to either oil only has about 2500 mil. on it is there a way to find out if an injector oring is leaking?

·
shaking things up
3,650 Posts
yeah if you have fuel in your oil or oil in your fuel

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well I found fuel on front of head behind alt. so it has to be one of the fuel lines behind there, if I cant find it i think ill put some dye in there

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the help problem fixed it was the oring on fuel rail plug in the front of the head:thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts