Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My truck just started making a strange clank sound from the drive line. I only happens from 1 to 9 mph and is very hollow sounding. It almost sounds like something is rolling around in the drive shaft. I have look at the u-joints and they look go. I have done the drive to reverse while stopped and i don't here or feel any u-joint slop. Please help the noise is driving me nuts:tard:

Thanx in advance,
Rob

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
so here is the deal. I had my dad help me look for were the sound was coming from. For the life of me i count only get the truck to make the sound one and it was very short. It sounds like its coming from the drivers side tire. I drove the truck about 30 times back and forth, lifted it on jack stands drove it in 2 and 4wd with and with out brakes applied still no more sound.

So i gave up and went home and at the last light before my house im almost to a comeplete stop and i hear scrape -----clink----clink---clink----clink. I am ready to scream.

I have checked the pads and they look good and i dont see anything rubbing.

If anyone has any ideas please post them.

Thanks,
rob

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We checked and there was no play in the tire up ,down, left ,right. I for got to add my dad thought i could be the brake dish shield rubbing or having a rock stuck in ti but we looked and i didn't see any rocks and i pryed the shield back to give it more room and it didn't help.:dunno:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.