Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anout the las two weeks Ive noticed a strange sound under the hood. The best way I can describe it is a hooting type sound. Like blowing air across the top of a beer bottle.

It doesnt doo it all the time or get worse with more boost. It seems to do it mostly between 8-12psi of boost. I also pretty sure Ive heard it when shutting the truck off.

BTW it is an 06 thats had just about eveything but the turbo upgraded.

Thank for any ideas.

Jerid

·
Registered
80 Posts
Anout the las two weeks Ive noticed a strange sound under the hood. The best way I can describe it is a hooting type sound. Like blowing air across the top of a beer bottle.

It doesnt doo it all the time or get worse with more boost. It seems to do it mostly between 8-12psi of boost. I also pretty sure Ive heard it when shutting the truck off.

BTW it is an 06 thats had just about eveything but the turbo upgraded.

Thank for any ideas.

Jerid
Take out the black plastic cold side cac tube (i.e., it goes under the air filter) and inspect the flex joint where it connects to the intercooler. It may be cracked and may be a small crack. If so, replace with a metal tube from the earlier model years. I had this...not sure if the terms I used are correct, but hopefully it makes sense. Good luck

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
while that tube is off check the turbo shaft and wheel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts