Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my customers installed a reman engine. Everything was great but within a couple weeks, he had a rough runner. The shop (Ford Dealership) determined that combustion somehow got past the brass washer and burned the o-ring on the injector.
A new injector was put in and a couple weeks later the truck was back for the same problem but in a different cylinder and in the other head. All the injectors were replaced and the truck just came back with the same problem in a completely different cylinder again.
It is a reman engine with remaned heads but the injector cups were never replaced. I talked to diesel tech at the dealership, my machinists and my techs. Nobody has a clue. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
The injector hold down bolts may be streached and are no longer able to hold torque they also coud be hydraulicing from oil in the bolt holes did they suck the oil out of the bolt holes before installing the injectors.

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I never thought of the oil thing but I guess that makes sense that it could happen and you won't get a true torque reading. Torqueing them down a little more is always a thought but over torqueing can cause problems also. Having a number helps. I'll pass the info along.

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,777 Posts
I understand the over torquing aspect but it's really not that much more to go from I think 23 or 26 ft/lbs originally to 31 ft/lbs and that's what Jesse Warren recommends to all his customers upon installation of all of his injectors. He even sends a paper with instructions for installation and at the bottom there is a paragraph explaining to torque to 31 ft/lbs or you risk what happened to this engine your speaking about.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts