Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pretty excited. I straighted the 4" turboback on the rig this afternoon. It sounds SICK now. I had fun scaring kids on their bikes from 10 houses away and showin this guy blastin his thumpers in the Target parking lot what's up. :icon_ford:
I got to watch the guy do everything and got to help him a little bit cause I was so picky about where the end of the pipe ended up and so my tip ended up straight and everything. I just bought a piece of 4" from a big rig shop for a "delete" pipe and had him cut the muffler and weld in some of that new pipe. Easier and cheaper and I can still get it put back it'll just be a pain. The pipe was $30 for a 4 ft piece, and we agreed on $40 for the work. Not that bad IMO.
Of course I had to go 15 miles away to a Muffler Man shop that deals with buses, trucks, RV's, etc. because they're the only place that can accomodate a dually. :doh:

Here you can see the welds on each end and the new hanger, and how it sounds at idle.

This is just a walk up, for slight distance sound i dunno, i think it sounds killer. And you can see a tiny part of my scrap pile for next week lol

:happydance:

I'm VERY VERY happy with it. At idle (in person cellphone video cam, bad.) it sounds like a thunderstorm. And turbo noise just goes forever, LOVE IT! I went under an overpass and floored it just for fun, WOW. BIG difference! :woot: Now I just gotta get my massive exhaust leak taken care of so I can hear that extra 10 psi of boost I'm losing! :hehe:

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
it should send woman and children running:thumb:

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I've noticed the same effect and I only have 3 1/2" straightpiped.
Nice. Yeah mine is 4" turbo back (4" downpipe too) The only thing I don't like about it is the downpipe is WELDED to the turbo..... :doh::doh::doh: If I ever have to replace the turbo I should have loads of fun.

Edit: my bad it's not welded, but it still does NOT look like it was done friendly... oh well

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
man i remember what that feeling was in the beginning. bc i ran a 4'' mbrp on my obs for almost a year and then got the muffler delete. holy sh*t you will look like a smiling idiot for the rest of the day! i love mine

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Are you sure about that?
No. I'm not. Gotta better look at it lol, 'nother one of these :doh: You would think with my OCD about it I'd pay closer attention huh lol!

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Most likely the up-pipe is connected to the turbo with a V clamp. The welded part you see is probably were the 4" pipe meets the bell to fit the turbo.
Yeah I think you got it. I think i thought that was part of the turbo. Learn every day.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here's a pic of a 2 piece down pipe. The bottom pipe is the one that attaches to the turbo to better explain my other post.
But see it doesn't have that flare.... That's what confused me.

·
Electrical Ogre
12,276 Posts
The best laugh you will get is when you stomp on in beside a parked car with a sensitve security system, and the vibes set off the car's alarm. (been there, done that!)

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The best laugh you will get is when you stomp on in beside a parked car with a sensitve security system, and the vibes set off the car's alarm. (been there, done that!)
OH YEAH I'm waitin to do that. I can feel it in the pedals and floor more for sure. That tip shakes it's killer. I had a Cummins do that to me when I was waiting in a line, he drove by and right before me just slammed it, stuff was shakin in the doors and mirrors shook for a sec. He didn't coal me though, I gave him a thumbs up lmao

1 - 15 of 15 Posts