Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finnaly got to do a mod on my truck. I bought a used 4" straight piped MBRP kit from eschaner. I must say I am mad I waited to do this for so long. The truck sounds so awsome.:woot:

I installed it by myself in the driveway. Took about an hour. It would have been great to have an extra set of hands but I got by with a 24" slide clamp to hold the pipe in place while I hooked it up. I would have posted pics but they all look the same and I am sure there are plenty of write ups already. I do think that the sound clips that are posted up do no justice. You have to hear it in person to really get the true sound.

Thanks Eric for the deal and waiting for me to show up:thumb:

Next is S&B intake and guages to be ordered on Friday.

Eric G.

·
Super Moderator
13,237 Posts
awesome mod man! I remember when I piped it, I couldn't help but let the neighborhood know by doing a 100' burnout in front of my house! :nate:
100' burntout???? man, i bet they loved that one!!!!!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am running a delete pipe. I got the muffler in case it was too loud because I live in a yuppie townhome community. At lower rpms it has a nice tone with lots of turbo whistle. At WOT it is loud and crackles real nice in the 3000rpm range. I would recommend running a delete pipe. You wont be dissapointed.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Put a pic on?

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
I have up graded to a 4" pipe but left the muffler on. If I was to take that off would I notice a differents.
OH MY YES!!!! My 03 has a full 4" system, still had the muffler on until 2 weeks ago, I took the muffler off and put a pipe in place and :eek:mg: , SWEET!!! Lots more turbo whistle and the bark is louder. Oh yea, my MPGs got worse too!! :burnout :hehe::hehe:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts