Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone running a muffler delete pipe on here? I was looking at them because a full system isnt really in my budget right now and I would like some sound but I really dont want it too be insanley loud all the time. I ran a straight pipe on my 7.3 and it was awsome but i just was wondering what it would be like on the 6.0... Mine is an 05 and so far stock everything.

·
Registered
418 Posts
yeah how loud is a 6.0 straight pipe?

um.... will my neighbours hate me?

·
Registered
663 Posts
My neighbors hated me before I did it, it sounds sexy as hell, especially at 3 am.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I love my 7.3 straight piped! From what I understand, I think the 6.0 may even be a little louder but everyone I know with a powerstroke has the 7.3. Somebody that knows for sure will chime in.

·
Registered
418 Posts
well... never heard a straight pipe 6.0.....

but I could still feel the vibrations in my gut when the 6.0 straight piped truck was down the 1/4 mile. scary.....

·
Stupidity pisses me off
3,885 Posts
The 6.0 straight piped isn't much louder EXCEPT you can hear the sweet sound of your turbo MUCH LOUDER! It rocks, do it and save money. Whack the Cat off while your at it.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Try checking out You Tube.

·
Registered
418 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Yes we do but it will at least give him an idea of how it will sound.

·
Addicted to Diesel
721 Posts
yeah the 6.0 is quieter than a 7.3 except for that turbo whistle. i say do it!!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Mine is straight piped, no CAT, no MUFF. It sounds really good, not too loud, just enough to let them know it aint stock! It's only loud at WOT, and then it's not bad. Plus the turbo sounds so much better straight piped.

·
Registered
29 Posts
It gives it a nice whistel when your not in it and when you stomp on it it will give it a nice throaty sound. If you do it there is no way you will be dissipointed:icon_ford:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Mine is straight piped, no CAT, no MUFF. It sounds really good, not too loud, just enough to let them know it aint stock! It's only loud at WOT, and then it's not bad. Plus the turbo sounds so much better straight piped.
:agree: completely

I just posted these video's yesterday on you tube. I may be able to email you the originals, but they're a bit big. The sound quality from what I recorded and what uploaded is nearly identical. I have a CAT Delete, and just removed the muffler and I love it. Nice turbo whistle not too loud until you get on it, then it's known you've got the hammer down. Here's the link to my post, with 4 video's I think...

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/6-0l-performance-parts-discussion/54611-straight-piped-factory-exhaust-video-clips.html

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
well my buddys dad has a 6.0 that he has straight piped it sounds amazing. his is custom though and it drops before the axle. it sounds amazing. we could hear him pulling onto a highway from a mile or 2 away, turbo spool and everything. the things so loud and roars like a muscle car. i love it. but id deff sayh do that for a cheaper than full system sound. not sure what they do performance wise

·
Registered
399 Posts
I straight piped mine about a month ago, Its not to load at all, but everyones definition of loud is different, I love the sounds of it turbo reall whistles at an idle, and from the cab when you get into it it sounds like a big block gasser, my buddies all say it sounds great on the drive bys

·
Registered
663 Posts
I just put a 4" TB exhaust from Farm boys diesel with no Muffler or cat and love the sound. Turbo spools faster and I love the wistle. Can't go wrong with doing it. Check out thier site they have really good prices.

-Josh

·
Registered
150 Posts
Is there interior drone really bad or loud?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Is there interior drone really bad or loud?
I don't think so at all. I can hear it a little bit while rolling down the highway with the windows up, just just enough to know it's there. I added another video to my link with the windows rolled up getting on it from a stop light. Here's the link again....
Click Here

·
LTJDS
553 Posts
FYI

I have a 4 " down pipe to a 5" Straight BAck. Listen or READ CLOSELY...
I was informed that the clearence of the 4" down pipe was close and req some minor adjustments, ie denting the dwn pipe where it rubs.

IT WILL RUB, I had to use a dead blow hammer to get the dwn pipe to feed up into the eng compartment, It FIT ! :)

It rubbed but under full acceleration and accompanied motor movement , to the point that it rubbed a hole through the dwn pipe. I never heard or felt anything over the sound of a straight piped 6.0 PSD. :woot:

6-10 months later An exhaust leak appeared from an unkown location. ( It was the DOWN PIPE ! :doh:

The pipe was removed a new section was welded from the leak down to the 5" connection . Additionally I welded a 3/16th " plate (shield) over the RUB area. The problem is that you won't know exactlly where the Leak is until it wears through.

I wish you the Best but I have not heard anybody not ending up with this collateral damage...:crazy:

I did a 4" down pipe because a 3.5" dwn Pipe feeding into a 5" Straight back was to much a differential for it to make sense to ME. I hope you have better results , you would be better off if you pulled the DWN PIPE 6 Months after instal and look for the RUB AREA. You can re inforce this area and recess it a Bit ( Dent the area with a HAMMER) and still retain an overall 4" constant diameter Dwn Pipe. :thumb:

GOOD LUCK AND SAFE TRUCKIN' :icon_ford:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts