Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the benefit of one over the other. Will be doing a delete in the next couple of weeks and wanted to know the benefits of one over the other.

Thanks
Alonzo

·
Premium Member
20,351 Posts
The sequential turboes are very quiet on the 6.4s so I will say go straight piped:nod:

It will allow better flow, but will not be too noisy!

·
Registered
213 Posts
I agree, the 6.4's a pretty quite compared to other diesels. I have a 5" exhaust with no muffler and it's not loud at all

·
Premium Member
20,351 Posts
Less exhaust restrictions allowing the engine to breathe more... = more power, Lower EGT's. So, yes it is better without anything restricting flow:thumb:

·
Premium Member
5,682 Posts
Less exhaust restrictions allowing the engine to breathe more... = more power, Lower EGT's. So, yes it is better without anything restricting flow:thumb:
This is not true when using an aftermarket exhaust system. Most systems use a "free flowing" or "flow through" muffler which do not hinder performance whatsoever.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
This is not true when using an aftermarket exhaust system. Most systems use a "free flowing" or "flow through" muffler which do not hinder performance whatsoever.
Exactly. And besides, nothing added will have anywhere near the restriction the stock system had.

Sent from my LTEVO using AutoGuide App.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Ya the flow through mufflers don't do to much, but like everyone else said, it's a quiet truck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts