Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to run a 5in exaust but have the exit b4 the rear tire to eliminate the bends in the pipe, has anyone done this and how did you go about it

my thoughts were to just add on a 5in muffler after the cat ( cat delete of corse) and put in a 5in stack or somthing along those lines. looking for more options though.

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
well my plans for exhaust are as follows. to get a 4 in dp, right after that split it with a y pipe design and then run some tubing to either area right before the rear wheels.. should not cost to much money in materials.. and only a few hours of of labor.....

·
Premium Member
2,167 Posts
i want to run a 5in exaust but have the exit b4 the rear tire to eliminate the bends in the pipe, has anyone done this and how did you go about it

my thoughts were to just add on a 5in muffler after the cat ( cat delete of corse) and put in a 5in stack or somthing along those lines. looking for more options though.

Yea my buddy had it like that on his PSD and he hated it. Only because it always made his right rear rim black...lol

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
My cousin has his exhaust like this. He hates it due to how loud it is. Now he wants a full straight pipe 4inch exhaust.

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
well my plans for exhaust are as follows. to get a 4 in dp, right after that split it with a y pipe design and then run some tubing to either area right before the rear wheels.. should not cost to much money in materials.. and only a few hours of of labor.....
You're going to just cross over under the engine or transmission or driveshaft with a 4" tube? :badidea:

·
Registered
108 Posts
I just got a flo pro 4" turbo back exhaust, no kitty, put in and you can hear my turbo come down the street. Not sure on the difference in mileage, but will know friday when I tow my trailer.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
wow this is what i did with my 4 inch turbo back

1 - 8 of 8 Posts