Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was uder the hood the other day and found this all wadded up in my engine valley. It looked like a mouse nest when I found it. The third pic is where it came from...it's the stuffing/sound protection from the front left fender near the air filter. The strange thing is that the truck hasn't been parked for any period of time at all recently...very strange. I don't know what the heck is going on in my engine compartment??

later

·
Premium Member
14,491 Posts
WOW. :crazy::crazy:

It does kind of resemble a mouse nest or something, but not parking for any length of time, seems odd to have something like that happen.

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
You would be suprised how much work they can do in one night!!! probably started making nest and was scare chitless when you fired the truck up in the morning. Probably a mother looking for a place to give birth and wanted to find a warm place quick.

You ever see the picture of the snake that climbed on top of the engine of a civic to stay warm one night, well you could imagine the mess when the engine started in the morning, and it was weaved around the serpentine belt!! EWWWW

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
I had more than one vehicle that got the wiring chewed up by them pesky critters, lots of wires on a PSD. I’ve even found piles of nuts horded in strange places. Never on my powerstroke though, it lives in the garage.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Maybe you outta leave a mouse trap in the valley!

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe you outta leave a mouse trap in the valley!

:funny: I'd probably get myself with it the next time I was chasing an oil leak!! :lol:

·
Registered
372 Posts
When I lived out in the hills this happened all the time. I wont even talk about how much mouse/rat poop I cleaned off the top of my dad's motor.

I had em eat the wires of my mustang injectors. This happened in one night. They definitely go after the warmth from the engine.

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
I found a similar nest in my dads 97 under his turbo pedestal. The critter also chewed the wiring to the EBPV, I used it as an excuse to wire up and exhaust brake when I fixed it for him.

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update:
Last saturday I was working on the truck and there was no more nest there, but I found some mouse sh!t in the nooks and crannies of my fuel filter cover!!! AAARRGG!

Also:
My wife went to get her oil changed yesterday, and the tech pulled a mouse nest out of her engine too and showed it to her!

I'm going to kill those little Ba5tard5!!!!!

·
Registered
738 Posts
dang, i pulled some stuff that looks just like that out of my girlfriends eclipse a few weeks ago right under the intake

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Pulled the air box cover off my friends quad a few years ago... was filled half way up around the filter inside with dog food, placed there by mice. They had to crawl all the way thru the intake tube from up under the gas tank... and the nearest dog food supply was 50+ feet away from where the quad was parked normally! That's my strangest mouse story... pesky little critters... found some shreaded stuff in my daily drivin F350's glovebox the other day, and I park it beside the cat's food dish... go figure! Guess I'll have to feed the cat less to save the truck!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts