Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How wide are the stock wheels? I was going to get an 8" lift kit, 37" tires, 20" wheels, a TW chip, gauges & exhaust. Now that I have priced 37" tires for a 20" rim, I just can't afford to do everything I want when the tires cost close to $500 a pop!

My alternate plan is to keep the stock alloy wheels, and go with a 6" kit, and 315/75/16 tires (35's), so I can still afford to get the performance parts. Will a 35 x 12.50 tire mount on my stock rims, or are they too narrow?

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
I'm pretty sure the stockers are 8". I've been told that you can mount 12.50's on them. Would probably totally kill your wear on them, and they would bubble out from the rim like crazy.

:twocents:

I would look in the paper for a used set of tires and rims to hold you over till you get the cash to get what you want. I rand 2 sets of used tires on my truck before I got what I wanted. I paid $150 for one set, and $75 for the other. I got 50,000 miles out of those two sets of tires.

·
Powerstroke Junkie
8,308 Posts
You may want to think about a lift and larger tires and what it will do to your milage, unless you are wealthy????

NCH

·
Registered
230 Posts
7 1/2" and 315's will work but your tires won't look as good. I have a set of hummer wheels with the holes in the back oversized to fit a ford with a plasma torch and wheel spacers I could sell you cheap I'm going back stock I wrecked mt truck so it's going to be strictly a farm truck tires 315 on it now they go to 17" wheels around 10" wide $300

1 - 4 of 4 Posts