Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the stock turbo psi on a 2002 f250? Also what would be a safe psi I can up the turbo I am completely stock minus a muffler delete?

·
Registered
575 Posts
You won’t really get over 20 without a tune, with a tune you will defuel at 24psi, with a boost fooler you can go a little higher. I wouldn’t go any more than high 20s, taking a stock charger to 30+ regularly will kill it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Fire From the Clouds!
1,723 Posts
Completely stock is about 18 psi. The stock garrett can reliably handle 30+ with supporting mods like EBPV delete, highflow outlet, bigger wastegate, billet wheel, 360 bearings, 4" exhaust, CAI, bellow uppipes, etc.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You guys think that 22psi wouldn't hurt it to bad? I don't always go wot I drive like a granny most of the time.

·
Registered
575 Posts
You won’t hurt it with a chip, with canned tunes on my TS6 chip the turbo would flutter sometimes on the 140 tune, but rarely. You’ll be fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
I want to wake it up a little
Want to wake it up, install the PHP Hydra with some of their standard tunes, also will not hurt to upgrade the air intake and adding a 4" exhaust.

·
Premium Member
2,622 Posts
Surging is what kills a stock turbo, upgrade to a billet compressor wheel to prevent turbo surge and it will last a long time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts