Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For about the same price I can have a local shop cut off my muffler and put a straight pipe in there or I can get the BTM muffler and weasel it in place of the stock muffler.

So with the windows up in the cab driving how much different is the noise level over stock. I don’t care about outside the truck or with the windows down, only when the family goes out driving with the windows up and the AC blowing do I want it quiet.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
659 Posts
with the windows up you will barley even tell a difference.with the windows down there is a big difference

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You talking about straight pipped?

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Inside the cab a straight pipe isn't that loud. Barely louder than stock. Outside of the cab is a different story. :wink[3]:

·
Powerstroke Junkie
8,308 Posts
I noticed no increased noise with the BTM, actually I was shocked because I expected it to be louder, but I didn't want anything loud. I can hear a very slight flutter around 50-55 mph, my buddy who has no muffler has the same flutter. With the windows down and you drive near a building or a solid wall you can hear the difference, but it isn't loud. The difference in EGT's is within 20 degrees between the two ( I experimented with this) so that is a null point. In case you haven't noticed the trend but it isn't going to be long before emission testing on diesels will be a reality and part of that inspection will be having a muffler, so pay now or pay later! The BTM was the right choice for me and I have never had to back out of the go pedal due to high EGT's!
NCH

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sweet thanks for the info. I think ill be getting a BTM and maybe have the muffler shop make me a pipe to put in place of the muffler at some point.

·
Powerstroke Junkie
8,308 Posts
You won't be unhappy with the BTM.
NCH

1 - 8 of 8 Posts