Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Stupidity pisses me off
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI all,
Is there a stock stereo that fits in an 06 king ranch dash that has bluetooth, usb and all that stuff?

·
Administrator
21,599 Posts

·
Stupidity pisses me off
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Super Moderator
12,924 Posts
HI all,
Is there a stock stereo that fits in an 06 king ranch dash that has bluetooth, usb and all that stuff?
In a word....no. There isn't a stock/OEM stereo that works in the 06 interior with BT/USB, etc. The best variant you can get is one from an 08-10, but they have to be sent out to be reprogrammed since they're tied into the CANBUS system on the newer rigs and that only gives you OEM NAV....still won't have BT/USB, etc..

·
Stupidity pisses me off
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
are you saying that all 82 products on that page are garbage?
I'm saying if I wanted some ghetto looking piece of crap, I would get a top of the line pioneer or kenwood. I'm trying to maintain the stock appearance of my interior.

·
Stupidity pisses me off
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
are you saying that all 82 products on that page are garbage?
So, my mistake. I didn't even scroll down the first time I looked. Scrolling down I see some of the big screen units, I think that may be what I have to go to......Its much cheaper than buying a new truck with bluetooth.....

·
Administrator
21,599 Posts
Right on, I was so damn confused by your responses... There are some really nice touch screen double din units.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I bought a kenwood unit from crutchfield with BT/USB. It's a nice unit. At least I'm happy with it

Attachments

·
Administrator
29,323 Posts
The Ford stock head unit was pretty poor in the King Ranch (other than the 6 disc capability ) Audio wise it sucked IMO I replaced it with a Pioneer Double din and was glad to spend that money

·
Premium Member
2,745 Posts
The Ford stock head unit was pretty poor in the King Ranch (other than the 6 disc capability ) Audio wise it sucked IMO I replaced it with a Pioneer Double din and was glad to spend that money
Same issues with the 6 disc in my '04, no power and kinda crappy sound, Kenwood head unit and Pioneer speakers were the best money I've spent

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
BBBRRRRRTTTTT
6,244 Posts
Does anyone know if any of these aftermarket radios will still let you use the buttons on the steering wheel
yes, usually you have to buy a separate adapter or harness.

i bought my pioneer nex through crutchfield and had them remove the units (from my search) that didnt have that capability.

·
Diesel DB
393 Posts
I can't get over the prices of Crutchfield. I know they have great customer service but if I bought something and then never used the customer service I'd feel ripped off. There is a Crutchfield store near my house so you would think they would have some clearance stuff a little closer to normal price. Nope. Neat store setup but that's about it.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts