Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i can't remember when it started but my radio gets static most of the time when the truck is running. i can be (supposible) out of range of a station but when i turn the truck off (engine not running but radio on) it comes in clear as day. i don't get it, the only thing close to the radio that is electronic is the f5 switch. all connections are on tight.

any ideas?

·
Registered
240 Posts
cant really help you but mine sorta has too. when im cruisin and jammin down the road the radio randomly turns to cd and i dont have a cd in.

actually this post is worthless:nod:

·
Registered
313 Posts
i can't remember when it started but my radio gets static most of the time when the truck is running. i can be (supposible) out of range of a station but when i turn the truck off (engine not running but radio on) it comes in clear as day. i don't get it, the only thing close to the radio that is electronic is the f5 switch. all connections are on tight.

any ideas?
i read a post a while back about interference with the f5
mine does it some also but mostly i dont have great reception..

·
Registered
235 Posts
not static but..

mine tries to switch to cd when there's none in. I've found it won't do that if there's actually a CD in it. Wierd. I've found similar posts about this problem.

Could the static problem be a bad connection with the antenna wire ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Mine will randomly turn the volume WAY up. It's like someone is turning the knob, as I can grab the knob and turn it down before it blows my ears out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts