41 - 60 of 274 Posts

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
today i had my 2nd loss ever...

Anybody make any money today?
Im sad to say today I lost 600.00
yesterday I was about $100 ahead on qtm I bought in @ .92
This particular stock does well in the after hours trading So I decided to put a sell @.95 I mistakenly placed a Stop order instead of a limit order...
I woke up this am looking at my stock thinking Ill make my quick 600-800.
(My account said ) stocks... I thought "what the hell" I looked at my order I placed last night and seen it filled at .89... D0hhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Just goes to show... Practice makes perfect.. Or in my case
mistakes still can happen. Had I placed my limit order I could have stayed or bailed out @ .94 and made a little less. I feel like a d?mb ***....well its only money eh?

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
i would like to do this but dont quite understand it. how to buy, sell, trade, etc.....last year i got a tip from a banker saying put money into fanny may. i told my dad about it and he put $2 grand in. he bought for like .70 cents a share and now its up. i believe its gonna go up even more.

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
i would like to do this but dont quite understand it. how to buy, sell, trade, etc.....last year i got a tip from a banker saying put money into fanny may. i told my dad about it and he put $2 grand in. he bought for like .70 cents a share and now its up. i believe its gonna go up even more.
Fannie Mae is at .587 now. (FNM)

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Im sad to say today I lost 600.00
yesterday I was about $100 ahead on qtm I bought in @ .92
This particular stock does well in the after hours trading So I decided to put a sell @.95 I mistakenly placed a Stop order instead of a limit order...
I woke up this am looking at my stock thinking Ill make my quick 600-800.
(My account said ) stocks... I thought "what the hell" I looked at my order I placed last night and seen it filled at .89... D0hhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Just goes to show... Practice makes perfect.. Or in my case
mistakes still can happen. Had I placed my limit order I could have stayed or bailed out @ .94 and made a little less. I feel like a d?mb ***....well its only money eh?
Dang! that sucks! sorry to hear about that. Ive done really well since last Thursday. Im about about $1700.00:woot: Been making it on HBAN, SOLR, and LF and a little on BEHL and MTLQQ. Just happen to get in right and sell right. Now I've left a BIT of money on the table with all of them, but would rather have it in the bank than in the tank.

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Very good thread. I would like to start this as well but I do not really know much about it.
What I did when I started was, get my account open with an online trader such as Scottrade or TD Ameritrade or any of the others. Once I did that, I found a core group of stocks i wanted to watch and did just that. For about 2weeks, I pretended. I bought and sold on paper....not with real money. I got a good feel for it then and it teaches you to pay attention to whats going on. My main rule....DO NOT BE GREEDY! Make some money and get out. Even if you leave some on the table, you'll have more than you started with (hopefully).

·
Registered
247 Posts
What I did when I started was, get my account open with an online trader such as Scottrade or TD Ameritrade or any of the others. Once I did that, I found a core group of stocks i wanted to watch and did just that. For about 2weeks, I pretended. I bought and sold on paper....not with real money. I got a good feel for it then and it teaches you to pay attention to whats going on. My main rule....DO NOT BE GREEDY! Make some money and get out. Even if you leave some on the table, you'll have more than you started with (hopefully).
Is there one that you or anyone else would recomend over another? I am thinking about getting something started. Any books that anyone recomend that I read?
Thanks in advance,
David

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Is there one that you or anyone else would recomend over another? I am thinking about getting something started. Any books that anyone recomend that I read?
Thanks in advance,
David
I started with Scottrade because of the cheaper commission. Im using TD now because my trades are free with them for a while. I may switch back to Scottrade if TD wont match the price. They did it for my dad so we'll see what they have to say when it comes down to it.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I started with Scottrade because of the cheaper commission. Im using TD now because my trades are free with them for a while. I may switch back to Scottrade if TD wont match the price. They did it for my dad so we'll see what they have to say when it comes down to it.
How cheap is the commission, if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
How cheap is the commission, if you don't mind me asking?
Scottrade charges $7/trade and TD charges $9.99/trade. If your dealing in penny stocks though, the commission is a little different on those. They charge a percentage.

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
I've been doin good this week. Made 650.00 Monday, 164.00 Tuesday, and 765.00 Wednesday, but today im down about 300. Im hopin this sell off quits soon so they can run back up :dunno:

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
WOW. Is it always that good?
I WISH!! :hehe: I'm down as of Thursday about $500, but I hope since the new unemployment report came out that it will change today. Unemployment dropped to 9.4%

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
I do the virtual thing, just so I can figure out what I am doing.

I think I started out with like $10million, I know its way up there. Anyways I did this about 9 months ago. This thread made me go look at it...and wow...

Today's Return

+7.78%

Total Return

+100.24%
Week's Return

-0.60%

Total Equity

$20,024,219.10
Month's Return

+32.63%

Cash

$1,581,556.30

Big money makers were LVS, las vegas sands corp. Bought at 5.30 and its up to 12.54. Construction company. SPNC bought at 2.10 and its at 5.03

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
I do the virtual thing, just so I can figure out what I am doing.

I think I started out with like $10million, I know its way up there. Anyways I did this about 9 months ago. This thread made me go look at it...and wow...

Today's Return

+7.78%

Total Return

+100.24%
Week's Return

-0.60%

Total Equity

$20,024,219.10
Month's Return

+32.63%

Cash

$1,581,556.30

Big money makers were LVS, las vegas sands corp. Bought at 5.30 and its up to 12.54. Construction company. SPNC bought at 2.10 and its at 5.03
Now THATS a sweet deal! Wish that coulda been real money :nod:

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Be carefuL MTLQQ one day will be worthless
That is possible, which is why I got out of it, wish I woulda stayed in until today though. Then again, it could go on to be worth millions :rofl:

41 - 60 of 274 Posts