Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don’t need the pump but want the added filtration. I looked at diesel site and they don’t have anything for 17+. If the Fass takes a dump is the stock pump strong enough to keep things going until I can get the Fass pump replaced? Truck has a 75hp tune and I’m not in need of more.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I’ve had nothing but problems with my FASS on my ‘18. I’ve experienced 1/4 tank and most recently, just under 1/2 tank issues. the pump begins sucking air and kills the truck. I had a sump and then FASS Tech Support said not to run a sump so I replaced my fuel tank and now, I have just under 1/2 tank problems as seen in the picture below. Not worth the headache in my opinion. Fill up at reputable stations and change your OEM filters per Ford and you’ll be fine.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How big is your tank and is it baffled? I keep reading about people having 1/4 tank issues. I ran a Fass with a Beans sump on an LML Duramax for years and never had a problem. Ideally since this truck already has a capable pump I’d just want to add the filtration for overkill purposes. I guess there’s not enough demand for the aftermarket people to come up with anything.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
So if you just want added filtration, just get a dieselsite kit instead of dealing with this.

Reactions: HeavyAssault

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would buy their kit but it says on their site that it won’t work with 17+ trucks. I will contact them and see if they have anything in the works.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
How big is your tank and is it baffled? I keep reading about people having 1/4 tank issues. I ran a Fass with a Beans sump on an LML Duramax for years and never had a problem. Ideally since this truck already has a capable pump I’d just want to add the filtration for overkill purposes. I guess there’s not enough demand for the aftermarket people to come up with anything.
55 gallon tank and it is not baffled. The OEM tank is not baffled either. I think GM is the only manufacturer that has baffles in their tank. I wanted the extra filtration too with a FASS but it’s been very problematic. I’ve dropped my tank twice and have installed the FASS twice to make sure it’s installed correctly and that there’s no kinks in the fuel lines.

My local shop is waiting for parts from FASS to rebuild my pump so it flows less volume and hopefully, won’t have the same issue with too much air in the system. I have a 140 gph pump which is the lowest volume for a 17+ and their going to install a stiffer spring to bring that number down and hopefully solve my issue. If it doesn’t, I’ll be taking the FASS out.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So the folks at DieselSite were quick to respond. They said with the lift pump now inside the tank their system isn’t compatible. To work properly it needs to be between the pump and the tank.

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
If you just want extra filtration/ water separation, here is an option.
I’ve been running it for 2+ years without issue. I change the Donaldson filter with the factory filters.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you just want extra filtration/ water separation, here is an option.
I’ve been running it for 2+ years without issue. I change the Donaldson filter with the factory filters.

Thanks that looks simple enough to put together.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts