Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Excuse me for the newbie style question. I am a recent (Nov. 2011) owner of a diesel. (my screen name comes from my 1994 1st Gen f150 Lightning...)

I've got a stock 2005 F350 CCSB. it's a lariet, it has what looks to be a factory exhaust. my question, was there any "option" on exhaust systems from the factory? how can i tell if this one is "stock"

I'm looking to upgrade to a 4" MPRB SS turbo back, and just want to make sure to retain the factory quality. i've heard "good" things about the MPRB product.

the truck is a daily drive and i take tons of road trips and use the truck to pull my lightning.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
The stock piping is 3.5" has a gigantic muffler and a cat installed. The only option for the exhaust is it may have a chrome tip on it if the Chrome Package was optioned on the truck. As far as the MBRP exhausts go I have one and love it. It sounds great. There are three options as far as metal type: aluminized, T-409 and T-304. I went for the 409 as I don't care what the piping looks like since it's under the truck.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it has a chrome tip, welded on, same diameter, rolled lip... looks very clean/factory...

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
If it is stock you will not be able to miss the gigantic muffler just in front of the rear axle. I have an MBRP 5" TB and I love it. It is very deep (except when that'03 turbo whine is kicking) and it doesn't make that annoying popping sound when you have it WOT. I would recommend the 5".

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts