Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to upgrade my exhaust to a 4" system with a magnaflow muffler. Will my stock down pipe flow well or should I upgrade to 3.5" or 4"? Will my EGT's be affected if I keep the stock down pipe?

Advantages? Disadvantages? I don't have much in the way of performance mods, other than an AFE intake.

Will be doing an SCT and gauge/monitoring package very shortly after the exhaust... Thx.

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
Im running the Diamond eye 5" TB no muffler at all. As far as egt's Im hoping to get my probe into the truck today so I cant tell ya about that. But I can say as far as installation, very easy no sweat,sound, awesome wish it was louder. Thats my .02

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im running the Diamond eye 5" TB no muffler at all. As far as egt's Im hoping to get my probe into the truck today so I cant tell ya about that. But I can say as far as installation, very easy no sweat,sound, awesome wish it was louder. Thats my .02
But what size is your down pipe?

·
Premium Member
6,307 Posts
I'm running a stock down pipe, I'm almost positive it's 3.5 stock. It then Y's out into 6" side pipes, I havnt had any trouble.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So other than size with a larger aftermarket down pipe, what are the advantages of an aftermarket down pipe--especially if one goes with a 3.5" down pipe?

And what helps lower EGT's--the down pipe or the over size exhaust with no cat?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts