Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I am a 7.3 guy and know little to nothing about the 6.0s. I was talking with a guy the other day and he was saying that he pushes 35 psi. I said is that with a chip or something? he said no its all stock. really 35 psi?!?! that much stock? I think my 7.3 is only good for 12 to 15 stock and 25 to 28 ish hyped up on the stock turbo. now aftermarket turbos are a different story.

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
Not sure about 35 PSI, but I hit 27/28 pre & post programming.

·
Registered
659 Posts
stock 6.0 35 psi,no way maybe 25

·
Registered
786 Posts
I can peak 30 psi in OD sometimes but 35 is to much. Stock, he'd be blowing hgs left right and center.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So like i thought, this guy was full of it. thanks guys for the input.

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
Now hold on. my 04 i had made 32 on stock programing. and 28 with the sct. i would call it bs till you see it yourself. thats just me tho.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Now hold on. my 04 i had made 32 on stock programing. and 28 with the sct. i would call it bs till you see it yourself. thats just me tho.
i was just about to say that my 03 gets up there too on stock prog. I can see 30, 32 all the time!

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I can peg my 35lb gauge. on my xtreme race tune going up grades all the time. IIRC before I ran with the tunes, i'd see around 30 regularly.

·
Rebel
657 Posts
My 05 makes over 30psi when i have a car on the back..:thumb: No tuner yet..

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
Never checked stock, but my 04 has pegged 35 psi on my Looney file and also pulling the trailer on my tow file

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
my 04 has seen up to 32 on stock programing, maybe the 03's and 04's get a little more then the newer ones??

·
Registered
299 Posts
my 04 around 28

·
lifetime member
1,642 Posts
my january 03 just got studded last week at 75,000 miles ( just for insurance). gaskets wer NOT blown. my heads checked out to .002. been hot rodded all its life and run very hard. my turbo is stock january of 03 and it goes past 35 psi on my boost guage. don't believe it? come to jacksonville, florida and see.

·
Registered
67 Posts
my 04 hits 27 psi and just last weekend saw 31 psi towing my camper, stock except for 4" turbo back with cat and no muffler

·
Premium Member
2,167 Posts
Well my 04 up until a couple days ago would hit 32 all day with my Looney tune. After speaking with Vivian about this she informed me since my strategy was old I wouldn't get the same HP as one with a new strategy. So to make a long story short, I took my truck in and had my PCM reflashed. Immediately I notice my boost was way lower, WOT I was lucky to get 27. Vivian re-sent my tunes with my new strategy and even then my boost was "only" 27. What's weird is though I'm not getting as much boost I can tell I'm getting more HP, seems to be more on the bottome end, which is where I like it anyway...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts