Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well yesterday on my way home from work I turned right at a red light and as I was truning the light turned green for the other drivers. Well some yahoo in a 00-02 Z71 must have been in a hurry and thought I pulled out in front of him. So he comes flying up on my rear throwing his hands in the air probably trying to show out for his old lady who was sitting beside him in the truck. He went to pass me and as he nailed the gas I could hear his exhaust I nailed the gas on my PSD and after the turbo lag I took off he tried to keep up but I saw him getting smaller and smaller in my rear view. Wonder how shocked he was to get his doors blown off by a 1 ton lifted truck.

·
Premium Member
9,603 Posts
yeah even stock they are pretty dang quick. BTW I really hate when people do that. I don't know how many times I have pulled out to have a car appear from nowhere and be right on my A$$. That's why I love my stacks.... :nod: :lol:

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
Wait till it's got an SCT on it :hehe:

yeah even stock they are pretty dang quick. BTW I really hate when people do that. I don't know how many times I have pulled out to have a car appear from nowhere and be right on my A$$. That's why I love my stacks.... :nod: :lol:
If they appeared outta nowhere, make them dissappear again!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I want to get the SCT but I have no warranty left on my truck 101,000 miles and as of yet (keeping my fingers crossed) no head gasket or EGR problems. I really want to mod the truck but don't want to have to come out of pocket to replace head gaskets.

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
When you can afford it, get the studs installed, and you'll have a very sound truck around 400 rwhp.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a question I was at my local Ford dealership yesterday and inquired about the cost of having the head gaskets replaced. The tech told me the head gasket kit is $700 and that the diesel techs are very good at replacing them and can do it with the cab on and in about 6 hours. He also told me they will put the studs in if I provide them since my truck is out of warranty. So $700 for the gaskets, $600 in labor and $500 for the studs I can have it done for around $2000 is that a good deal?

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I have a question I was at my local Ford dealership yesterday and inquired about the cost of having the head gaskets replaced. The tech told me the head gasket kit is $700 and that the diesel techs are very good at replacing them and can do it with the cab on and in about 6 hours. He also told me they will put the studs in if I provide them since my truck is out of warranty. So $700 for the gaskets, $600 in labor and $500 for the studs I can have it done for around $2000 is that a good deal?

That is a good deal, from reading alot of posts about having headgaskets changed the average is close to $3000.

I lucked out and have a good dealer that installed my ARP studs when the headgaskets and heads were being changed under warranty. So all I ended up paying was $500 for the studs and $100 extra for install.

And you might think your big heavy diesel truck is fast now, but there is no comparison when you add an SCT with custom tunes!!! You will be pulling away from stoplights and making mustangs and camaros disappear!!!:thumb:

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
Ok, I am not trying to hi jack, but my god, 2 grand for studs and head gaskets???? Most of that is labor right, not parts? Hope mine in my 7.3 never go out, I will be doing it, not takin it to the dealer!!

·
Premium Member
11,178 Posts
Ok, I am not trying to hi jack, but my god, 2 grand for studs and head gaskets???? Most of that is labor right, not parts? Hope mine in my 7.3 never go out, I will be doing it, not takin it to the dealer!!
If you blow the head gaskets on your 7.3, you are probably doing something wrong or you KNEW that you were going to blow them when you installed your last mod.

In short, under 40psi or so.. a 7.3 is happy.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah I don't here of anyone blowing the gaskets in the 7.3 and that $2K quote was heads studs and labor which from waht i read is cheap.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts