Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched but I did not find what I am looking for. In early 2004 I bought a brand new F-250 King Ranch with the 6.0 diesel engine and automatic transmission. I only drive it occassionally. It now has 52,000 miles. I have not had one problem - nothing. It starts fine, it runs fine, and fuel mileage is good. I use 15W-40 Rotella oil and change oil and filter every 5000 miles. I am not a mechanic but I do all regular maintenance myself.

Now my question: Do I assume this early 6.0 engine (build date late 2003) will sucumb to the issues that many 6.0 engines of this vintage do, or should I continue to drive it and keep a careful ear out for problems?

Or should I be pro-active and make some of the recommended modifications and "deletes" in an attempt to keep "bad" things from happening?

Sorry if this question has been asked before. I cannot find where it has been asked or answered.

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts
The best preventive measure you can do for a 6.0 is a monitor solution. Reading and knowing what your motor temps,psi, and volts are will help prevent costly issues.

Someone will chime in with starting links to read, I'm at work and no time to provide info.

·
Registered
99 Posts
crews control.. good one i love the cruise on my 2004 f350 crew cab dually. i love it, it has 95000 miles on it, just had some work done to it, two bad injectors, ficm unit, and a fuel pressure regulator. about 2000 to get it fixed. but the 3 titty guy up top has good info get the specks on the engine, icant remeber what they are but heres a great place for 6.0 problems a hole breakdown and a couple of them have been on the spot for mine, ( note my 6.0 has had no motifications, no chips, exhaust,, nothing bone stock.) Little Power Shop Technical Articles

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Monitor, coolant filter, blue spring upgrade. In that order.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts