Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My guy checked my FICM (46) i told him maybee theyres not enough oil pressure. He said his scanner tool is saying it has 1100 psi of oil. Is that the right amount? This dern truck still wont start.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
You need you ficm repaired at 45 vlt you ficm will not function at all.
The oil pressure can be 500 psi minimum to start to aound 3000 psi at full rpm. Your oil pressure is fine.

·
Fuel it up again Dummy
5,721 Posts
Do you have injector buzz w/ KOEO?
What is your ficm values?
fim logic-12v +or-
sync-1 or yes
ficm main pwr- 48v +or-

ICP values?
need 500 psi for ficm to pwr up
700 crank+ as high as 1900

IPR values?
30+

Have you tried putting hpop in default?

Try unplugging the ICP on top of pass valve cover, see if it starts
(if you see oil down in icp plug odds are it's blown out)

See ficm was around 46 volts which is low, but if your batteries are down thats what you can see. You must have good batery power for it to start and not damage the ficm.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
My guy checked my FICM (46) i told him maybee theyres not enough oil pressure. He said his scanner tool is saying it has 1100 psi of oil. Is that the right amount? This dern truck still wont start.
Is that desired, or actual?

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,777 Posts
Dannyboy I have to disagree with you on the whole 45v deal. Mine will sit at 47.5v with koeo and while cranking will fall to as low as 40.5v and will still fire the truck up. Once the glow plug circuit shuts off it starts it's climb back to 46-48 and will fluctuate from there. I know my ficm is bad but it still works to fire the injectors. Hopefully I will have a new one soon.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Their is an exception to every rule but both Fords manuals and Ficm repair.com faq page list 45 or less as a bad ficm needing repair.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Yea I did kinda over state that I will have to watch my wording from now on. It can still run at 45v I did make it sound like it would just flat die and never run again.

My appologies OP

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks to all you guys, what a good help! Turned out there was a cut wire in the harness frrom the wreck. So theynfixed it and it started! Two days later wen he came to move it in the shop it started and sounded like it was running on one cylinder. Turns out the dead batteries from tryin to crank it killed the ficm! Is there any advantage to getting a ford ficm for $700 or am i ok with an innovative diesel one rebuilt for $420? Both hav a year warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Thanks to all you guys, what a good help! Turned out there was a cut wire in the harness frrom the wreck. So theynfixed it and it started! Two days later wen he came to move it in the shop it started and sounded like it was running on one cylinder. Turns out the dead batteries from tryin to crank it killed the ficm! Is there any advantage to getting a ford ficm for $700 or am i ok with an innovative diesel one rebuilt for $420? Both hav a year warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Do this, ficmrepair.com

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts