Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 f250 and just replaced the hpop and did an egr delete while I had it apart. The local shop diagnosed the hpop bein bad and I replaced it with a brand new one and it still won't start like before I replaced it it there anything else that might he the problem????

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
I take it you were not building ICP pressure before the HPOP replacement? How well did they investigate the issue before they condemned the HPOP? Some people will see a truck not building ICP pressure and instantly condemn the HPOP, when there can be alot of other things causing the issue. Did you only do the EGR delete or did you mess with the oil cooler also?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Also keep in mind that after installing the HPOP, there's a good chance of air in the oil system, so it might take a while for the first start after that kind of job, it helps to have a battery charger hooked up while while doing so, so that ur not murdering your batteries, and a scan tool so that u can watch if you're building up ICP pressure while cranking....I had that problem once and seemed like I was going to burn out my starter, so make sure you don't crank for too long neither, but it eventually fired up and I held the RPMs high for a while, took it on a fairly long test drive....afterwards, it fired up within a few seconds

Sent from my PG86100 using AutoGuide App

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
Also keep in mind that after installing the HPOP, there's a good chance of air in the oil system, so it might take a while for the first start after that kind of job, it helps to have a battery charger hooked up while while doing so, so that ur not murdering your batteries, and a scan tool so that u can watch if you're building up ICP pressure while cranking....I had that problem once and seemed like I was going to burn out my starter, so make sure you don't crank for too long neither, but it eventually fired up and I held the RPMs high for a while, took it on a fairly long test drive....afterwards, it fired up within a few seconds

Sent from my PG86100 using AutoGuide App
This is true too. It will probably take you about 2-3 30 second cranking sessions to start after having the high pressure oil system open. If you've cranked on it for way longer then this and it still won't start then it's time to moniter ICP pressures and see what they're doing. Is the oil pressure gauge moving up when you try to start it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts