Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 03 6.0 f250, egr cooler went, blowing white smoke. installed EGR delete from elite diesel. still blowing white smoke runs good up to 2000rpm and starts loosing power. coolant is not going anywere, any ideas?

·
Registered
597 Posts
when cold, warm?? Does it puke out the degaus bottle?

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
For what it's worth, I have NEVER had to replace an EGR cooler on any '03 model year 6.0L yet, out of the thousands upon thousands of '04 to '07 model year EGR coolers I've replaced. Are you sure it's not an injector or two that is dumping fuel? '03 model year injectors tend to be more prone to this type of failure than the '04 to '07 ones.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
found some probllems and fixed: hose from map sensor was broken due to customer had aftermarket (cheap) boost gauge installed himself. fixed. muffler filled with antifreeze (to the top) drained. still stummbles when u mash it to the floor @ around 2200 rpm then clears up i think the cat might be plugged also. doing a blance test and KoER test now.

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
For what it's worth, I have NEVER had to replace an EGR cooler on any '03 model year 6.0L yet,

really!?!? Thats pretty amazing..cuz we have replaced a sh!t ton of them...and sold our delete kits to alot of 03 early 04 owners too...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts