Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a stock '95 4x4 PSD. The front end feels very stiff when I hit a bump in the road. I hit the bump and it feels like my teeth are going to fall out. Do I need new shocks??:dunno:

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
250 or 350 ?

·
Registered
466 Posts
I have the same problem. i have an 94 f-250

·
Registered
750 Posts
First thing I would do is check the air pressure in the front tires then make sure nothings visibly broken.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Shocks aren't going to help that much.What do you expect you are driving a 3/4 ton
work truck.They tend to handle better with a load instead of empty.If you want a truck
that rides like a car buy a f150. Good luck with your problem.

·
Banned
733 Posts
See how much distance you have between the front springs and the rubber stop. I bet it is about 5/8 inch. Front springs on these were not what they should be.

·
Registered
8,710 Posts
The problem with the OBS trucks ride is many things and shocks won't help.

If its a F250 you have no uptravel..maybe 1/2-3/4"

On all OBS the movable shackle is in the front..stupid its got to be in the rear to work effectually.

Front spring length is 4" shorter than a SD and this then puts the Axel off set on the spring..stupid again as springs don't work well with the Axel offset.

Fixes..Best ride possible If you have a 250 is to install a D60, a RS kit and SD front and rear springs.

If you have a 350..RS kit and SD springs.

Properly valved Bilsteins and your set!

If installing a D60 is not possible then you must get the front lifted at least 2".

New stock springs are not going to help.

Cary

1 - 7 of 7 Posts