Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in the Tractor Supply today picking up brake cleaner. I noticed a jug wit “Stiction Eliminator” on it.

At first i chuckled, as it seemed like a joke.
Then i realized it was for diesel trucks.
Then i read its good for HEUI injectors!

I was just dreaming the other day of some cleaner that i could put in my oil to make the injectors work better.

Is this stuff any good?

What other magic elixers are there that i am unaware of?

I suspect something is clogging or not fully working in one or more of my injectors.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So the stuff is now in the truck.
2003 7.3L 445 cubic inch.

I am kind of scared. But the performance change seemed noticeable right away. Now remember, this is an older truck. And I bet there has never been any cleaners applied to the oil before. On the last oil change, i noticed something different. Almost a skipping cylinder, but not quite a full missfire. That is what got me thinking of an oil cleaner additive.

Anyway, the hill i traverse on the way out everyday...
I can normally get up it in over drive gear. But it’s like 3/4 throttle. Ive always thought that seems too much for such an engine as this. Just now it seemed i was 1/2 throttle or even a bit less going up.

I plan to run this around the engine a few weeks and then do another oil change to get it out.

I hope to report on whatever else happens.
Hopefully, its not disolving gaskets along with the dirt. Lol

Also, sometimes in life there’s good dirt. It’s plugging up holes.

·
Registered
8,585 Posts
7.3l injectors almost never ever has stiction like the 6.0Ls can have. Usually just flatout getting worn out and needing replacedment. Archoil ar9100 has been seen as a proven (I've seen it in two trucks) but for the 7.3ls they are kind of a bandaid once you're 250k plus miles. Glad you noticed a difference. Got a link to the brand?

Probaly packed with Boron and other mineral oils like arch oil or optilube etc.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
7.3l injectors almost never ever has stiction like the 6.0Ls can have. Usually just flatout getting worn out and needing replacedment. Archoil ar9100 has been seen as a proven (I've seen it in two trucks) but for the 7.3ls they are kind of a bandaid once you're 250k plus miles. Glad you noticed a difference. Got a link to the brand?

Probaly packed with Boron and other mineral oils like arch oil or optilube etc.
Here is a link to the Hot Shots Stiction Eliminator page https://www.hotshotsecret.com/stiction-eliminator/
Tech Data: https://www.hotshotsecret.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/HSS-Technical-Data.pdf
SDS: https://www.hotshotsecret.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Hot-Shot-Secret-SDS-Stiction-Eliminator-Aug2016.pdf

·
Registered
8,585 Posts
I should have clarified. Im well aware of Hotshots and Archoil. I was curious to the thread starters stuff that he used. I haven't seen it at our local tractor supply store so I was curious what brand he used etc.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
I should have clarified. Im well aware of Hotshots and Archoil. I was curious to the thread starters stuff that he used. I haven't seen it at our local tractor supply store so I was curious what brand he used etc.
I was in the Tractor Supply today picking up brake cleaner. I noticed a jug wit “Stiction Eliminator” on it......
I assumed he meant Hot Shots stuff since it is called exactly that but I could be mistaken. Hopefully he will chime in:smile2:

·
Registered
8,585 Posts
I assumed he meant Hot Shots stuff since it is called exactly that but I could be mistaken. Hopefully he will chime in:smile2:
Ahh I see :)

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
I've seen Hotshots on the local TSC shelves, but not used it. I have used the Archoil 9100, based on advice from others here, cost is comparable. Noticable improvement in operation with the Archoil 9100.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, so I have now had another oil change.
I went about 1000 miles with the stiction juice in the oil.
I removed it just before I started my trip south, towing my RV.

I can’t really tell much difference in performance. Fuel milage about the same.

I reported better hill climb performance earlier, but after running the hill over and over, maybe I was over excited on first drive.

Thats why I ran the MPG numbers. I figured if i was truely experiencing more power, it would show up in the MPG numbers. They may be up, just not enough for me to be able to tell.

And maybe my engine is now cleaner inside for the experience.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts