Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is a Sterling from a 2010 F350 DRW a direct swap on a 2004 F350 DRW?

Would that be a sensible swap?

I am not trying to upgrade anything. I had an accident and my suspension needs to be replaced. I found this diff with a suspension from a newer truck that will cost me the same as just doing the suspension at a shop. New diff has 80k miles. My truck has 200k.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
12,953 Posts
If they're both duallies, they should both be Dana 80s so should be a relatively easy swap yes. There is no Sterling option that was used for the DRWs to my knowledge.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If they're both duallies, they should both be Dana 80s so should be a relatively easy swap yes. There is no Sterling option that was used for the DRWs to my knowledge.

That's what I found quickly online as well. Does the picture help? I asked the vendor and he still says it is a Sterling....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,638 Posts
They are both Dana 80s but the bolt pattern is different 04 and down is 8x170mm 05 and up duallys are 8x200mm.

Reactions: nighthawk285

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
They are both Dana 80s but the bolt pattern is different 04 and down is 8x170mm 05 and up duallys are 8x200mm.

What would be an easy way around? I assume I don't want to use my hubs (might be bent from accident?).

Only option other than replacing hubs would be replace the wheels with the right pattern I assume? But then I’ll have mismatched wheels up front...

Other question: My diff has only one ABS sensor on top of the pumpkin. Are new diffs the same, or at least drilled and tapped for that same sensor?

Edit: seems like the best thing to do would be change the hubs on the new diff. So I could keep my wheels. I have one hub that is for sure good and the other one might be compromised... I assume hubs are interchangeable??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts