Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a single CD stereo with SYNC, and factory woofer. I am actually impressed with the sound quality of the speakers, but was wondering what types of stereo upgrades people have done and maintained the factory speaker setup?

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Curious also.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So am I. I tried putting a aftermarket Stereo in myself and it will not turn on.
The web is really not good on help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
california deplorable
10,701 Posts
i upgraded mine with a enwood and its awesome
but of course i had the original 04 not a fancy schmancy set up like you guys got :hehe:
but after taking 5 minutes to load only to discover i was on the 6.7 forum....

i figured i earned the right to post here wrong or not :rofl:

ok allthat gibberish out of the way i did see supposed upgrades for the newer style stereos but i think they (Ford) have them locked so you cant get all the features interacting with the truck the stock one offers (if i remember right and to be fair i am not upgrading my truck anytime soon s i more skimmed than read thoroughly)
sorry i am not more actual help but i would call a good custom stereo shop in your area and ask them and be sure to find a good one not just some dolt who wants to sell a $3,000 stereo

·
Registered
454 Posts
I had two 13.5" JL subs and a JL 1,200.1 / a set of JL C5 components and a set of JL coaxial on a JL 600.4 ran through an Audison bit one while using my factory deck. Took first at several shows

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I have upgraded to the pioneer AVH4200NEX and it’s night and day difference over factory head unit, Sync vs 1 sucks so I did the maestro RR set up to retain all my steering wheel functions and now have apple car play and love it!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have upgraded to the pioneer AVH4200NEX and it’s night and day difference over factory head unit, Sync vs 1 sucks so I did the maestro RR set up to retain all my steering wheel functions and now have apple car play and love it!
Going to be putting that same setup in mine in about 2 weeks.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Going to be putting that same setup in mine in about 2 weeks.
You will love it, make sure to go into your settings in your old stereo before removal and turn off Bluetooth or sync will stay on and interfere with your new stereo

·
Registered
108 Posts
Interesting topic. I currently have a '12 with Nav/ Sync, Sony speakers (all stock). No real complaints, but I'm looking at a '16 with the same system, and thinking about upgrading the speakers and maybe sub. I actually like the display/ head unit, so I'm going to keep that stock.

·
Beach Bum
26,655 Posts
So am I. I tried putting a aftermarket Stereo in myself and it will not turn on.
The web is really not good on help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
the 2011 up trucks use canbus to turn the radio on from the bcm. you either have to manually run a ign wire to the red or get a canbus adapter like a maestro to use the canbus signal.

So I have a single CD stereo with SYNC, and factory woofer. I am actually impressed with the sound quality of the speakers, but was wondering what types of stereo upgrades people have done and maintained the factory speaker setup?
the stock speakers are good? what lol?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I ended up going with the Kenwood DMX706S with the Datalink module. It allowed me retain my steering wheel functions, and with the stock speakers it sounds pretty dang good. The Kenwood has a pretty neat features that allows you too get certain vehicle information right on the screen. If you aren't concerned about DVD or CD, go with the shallow, it allows you to get everything behind the head unit.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I had two 13.5" JL subs and a JL 1,200.1 / a set of JL C5 components and a set of JL coaxial on a JL 600.4 ran through an Audison bit one while using my factory deck. Took first at several shows
Did you maintain the factory head unit?

·
Registered
454 Posts
You don't happen to have any vids up on YouTube, do you? I'd like to hear that setup.
No sir, I sure don't. I have never posted a video on YouTube before. It sounded REAL good though. Took first at the one, and only, competition that I competed in though

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts