Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just put a pioneer head unit in the f-250 and i am getting nothing out of the speakers i have double checked al the wires they are all secure i have power to the radio just no sound anybody have any sugestions thanks

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
maybe the head unit doesn't have a built in amp?:dunno:

·
Registered
601 Posts
did you turn up the volume?:doh: :hehe: :hehe:
ok just kidding but did you check to make there are no mute buttons or anything on it that has to be turned onb/off??

·
Premium Member
11,892 Posts
i just put a pioneer head unit in the f-250 and i am getting nothing out of the speakers i have double checked al the wires they are all secure i have power to the radio just no sound anybody have any sugestions thanks
Are you running the speakers from just the radio or did you install an amp to power the speakers?

·
Berm Buster
527 Posts
Your truck could have a factory amp. If it does you need to use the amp turn on wire (blue/white). The best way to check is take a 9V batt and put some leads on it and touch it to the positive wire (white) and negative wire (white/with black stripe) of a speaker. Just tap it. If you hear a pop that means you dont have a factory amp. If you dont hear a pop that means you do have a factory amp. If it does have a factory amp i will look up the amp turn on wire for the truck and let you know what color it is.

·
Berm Buster
527 Posts
Then you should have sound. One of the speakers could be grounded out or blown. The cd player wont play if this happens. Its a safety thing so it doesnt burn up the cd player. If you have a meter that reads ohms check and make sure all the speakers are around 4 ohms. The other way to check is hook up one speaker at a time. See if one plays

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i hooked them up one at a time and still nothing then i hooked up a speaker i had just sitting around the house and still no good this stinks

·
Berm Buster
527 Posts
Yeah its gotta be the unit itself. Try hooking up another one just to test it. if you have one laying around.

·
Registered
738 Posts
are you using a wiring harness adapter or doing it by hand? the harness would bypass the factory amp if there was one.

·
Berm Buster
527 Posts
There is no factory amp though. Im sure if you try a different cd player it would work.

·
Registered
738 Posts
either way he should have the harness. its hard for me to believe that it just worked in an f350, and he moves it over to a similar truck and it doesn't. sounds like a wiring problem to me

·
Registered
46 Posts
i would say go into your controls and set the sound to come out of one corner at a time, see if you have any sound then. and if that dont work try looking at the fuse, see if it is blown, if it is not blown i would say that some where you have a fault in your wire, if this does not work, send me a pm. im pretty handy with wireing in aftermarket stereo things

·
Registered
568 Posts
This may sound stupid but one way to know for sure if the deck is putting out is touch two of the speaker wires coming from the deck to your tongue and slowly turn up the volume. You will fell a tingling if its working. also check the ground on your deck ive had a deck with a bad ground appear to come on but did some wierd stuff till I got the ground fixed.

·
Registered
568 Posts
i assume you got the correct wires going to the speakers but just in case here is the wiring. hope you get it working

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i am going to try putting in a different radio i just really need this one because it has the plug for my sirus radio. i have been alittle busy with the new baby i will let you guys know what happens thanks for all your help.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts