Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont know if its just me but when the truck isnt in motion the steering is horrifying i know that it is generally a bit harder to turn in all cars when not in motion but it seens like it can barely turn at all and is straining like hell is there any way to help this or anything or is it just something ive gotta? deal with

·
Registered
39 Posts
mines hard to turn when not moving. its normal i have drivin about 4 or 5 different f250s and its all the same. now it depends on how hard it is for u too turn. i mean can you do it without getting a hernia

·
Premium Member
9,603 Posts
could be the power steering pump losing pressure. Mine does it too on occasion, almost as if it doesn't even have power steering at a standstill (idle). But since I'm a standard I can give it some gas with the clutch in and raise the rpm's and it makes a huge difference.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm probably going to try some power steering additive to see if it will help a little bit (might as well try it) but it sucks because where I live in jersey the beach is a pretty consistently visited place and most of the parking spots are ones you have to parallel park into so reving the engine to turn isn't a good option with cars on both sides ... I guess I'll have to avoid parallel parking at all costs unless I can remedy this lol not that the excursion was ever designed to be parallel parked so I guesss that just adds to the suckage ... Thanks for the help

·
Powerstroke Junkie
8,308 Posts
Don't use any power steering additive as we have ATF in the PS system, switching the fluid to synthetic will help quite a bit, you will need 3 quarts for a complete flush.

NCH

1 - 5 of 5 Posts