Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 07 F 350 CCLB DRW truck, BFG TA tires, getting new tires in two weeks. lately i have steering "shimmy/wander " when going over bumps.
i am sure new tires will help, and i plan on getting a alignment. Lots of talk about adding positive castor to keep the truck tracking straight. What is the max castor allowed with the stock components?
truck has new shocks, and 108,000miles. i will have the shop check the other suspension components for wear.

·
Vendor
2,357 Posts
i have a 07 F 350 CCLB DRW truck, BFG TA tires, getting new tires in two weeks. lately i have steering "shimmy/wander " when going over bumps.
i am sure new tires will help, and i plan on getting a alignment. Lots of talk about adding positive castor to keep the truck tracking straight. What is the max castor allowed with the stock components?
truck has new shocks, and 108,000miles. i will have the shop check the other suspension components for wear.
Try to get the caster to around 4 degrees postive. Most of your issues may the worn BFG's. They are notorious to create handling issues as they get some miles on them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts