Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed out my old beat up single disc factory head unit with a nearly new 6 disc factory unit. 6 disc unit was pulled from a buddies 06 at 2 weeks new and has been in storage since 06. I successfully swapped out the radio and it works, except now my steering wheel controls don't work. My truck has OEM steering wheel audio controls, so did my buddies truck. I checked wiring through the clock spring and all is working well. Any thoughts on what the issue might be? My truck is an 07 F250 Lariat. Donor truck was an 06 F350 Amarillo.

Sent from my SM-S367VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I changed out my clock spring today as my driver's airbag light was on. When all was back together the airbag light was out and my steering wheel audio controls worked again. About 1 minute later my steering wheel audio controls stopped working. All other steering wheel controls work. Do I need to take my truck in and have the 6 disc changer audio control feature unlocked? Strange that when I initially reconnect batteries the steering wheel audio controls work for a short time then quit working.

Sent from my SM-S367VL using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts