Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2019 F-250 I bought last month with 6900 miles on it. LOVE this truck!
BUT, when I go over train tracks or bumps, the wheel feels wobbly and NOT TIGHT AT ALL. Im familiar with the Death Wobble with these trucks and I’ve watched some pretty disturbing videos on this, but thankfully I DONT have the Death Wobble yet.

Anyways, this loose bouncing all over the place steering wheel is not right and was wondering if this is the start of a bad future wobble. I do have a FSM to have the front bar replaced up front if I experience issues and I’m thinking it’s time to have the Dealership do this fix.

Anyone have an idea?

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Check out this article I posted. Although the TSB is for a 2017 (I think), it may apply to your issue. Once the dealer made the TSB changes, mine has been absolutely a dream.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Its probably the steering damper starting to go. That was about the milage on mine when it started with the first one. This last time they replaced it with the updated one. I am on my 4th steering damper. So far it is working. Im at about 5000 miles on the updated one. The 3rd steering damper started to go out after only 1000 miles or so. So hopefully this updated one is better. Once I'm outside of the warranty I'm going to fix it with an aftermarket. I just want ford to spend as much as possible fixing their poor design.

·
Registered
2018 F350 Limited
274 Posts
BUMP STEER is what the issue is called. If you google it, you will see.
Here is a great video by a great man. 6:15 mark of the video shows before and after of installing a steering stabilizer. He now has a 17+ Superduty and does some good videos on that truck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.