Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went from 39.5" tires to a 43" tire now my truck wants to wander when going down the road. there is no play in any of the steering or suspension componets it didn't start doing it until i put the bigger tires on i do not have dual stabilizers pretty sure i need them so they have already been ordered anyone else think that that'll fix it?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Not sure if this is your problem, but with my 35's, they tend to follow the wear zones in the road. If there is a bit of a dip or worn area that really accents a crown, they will pull to the lowest area. It's aggravating at the least. I notice when driving a stock truck, this seems to be non-existent.

Again, may not be the same, but moving up to a bigger size tire will increase the sidewall, thus cause more side flex leading to a more 'drifty' ride.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure if this is your problem, but with my 35's, they tend to follow the wear zones in the road. If there is a bit of a dip or worn area that really accents a crown, they will pull to the lowest area. It's aggravating at the least. I notice when driving a stock truck, this seems to be non-existent.

Again, may not be the same, but moving up to a bigger size tire will increase the sidewall, thus cause more side flex leading to a more 'drifty' ride.
the sidewall of the new ones don't give much they're 12" wide i was running 39.5x13.50 20 the new ones are 43x12 20 its just a really strange feeling.

·
Registered
845 Posts
it maybe the tire it self. does it feel like it is floating if you play with the wheel, some tires have a feeling like this for a few miles, i have had nittos that felt like i was on ice, kind of settled in after a few hundred miles, i sure the larger side wall height has some factor , even if it s stiffer.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
It most likely is the tires.....

What kind of tires are they? Sometimes it is tough to find ones that are truely round at that diameter... LOL

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i had them cut a few days ago so now they're supposed to be perfectly round.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts