Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone knows why some super duty trucks come with the steering stabilizer and some don't. Mine didn't come with one and I think I need one. When you hit even small bumps in the road you can feel the steering wheel jerk. I was wanting to know if I should buy OEM or are there aftermarket stabilizers that will go into the stock location? I would even be interested in dual stabilizers if there isn't a lot of fabrication involved. Just like the looks of duals. Not going to lift the truck. Any input is very appreciated.

·
Premium Member
11,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not sure why some do and dont come with them..

i like the dual kits the best and prices can range anywhere from 150-300+.... this kit that i had on my truck for 4 days runs around 150.. its a fabtech dual kit:

i am now running this setup
Was there a lot of fabrication for the Fox setup or was it bolt on? How much? Looks great by the way.

·
Premium Member
20,358 Posts
Was there a lot of fabrication for the Fox setup or was it bolt on? How much? Looks great by the way.
their was a lot of fabricating to do the fox setup. its a Rize Dual stab kit which is meant for the 05+ SD trucks... took me a couple of days to get it right and a few diff tries with fabricating brackets... that one in the picture didnt work out that well so i redesigned it.

oh and plus its expensive. expect around 300 for the brackets and around 180 each shock...

the fabtech ones are a complete bolt on. was very easy to bolt on.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Jersey Strokers Director
939 Posts
I got a set of duals(Rancho) off eBay for $100-$125. Went w/ Rancho to match the rest of the shocks(FX4). It was bolt-on. Real easy, took me maybe an hour.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I currently have the pro comp dual stabilizer set up. I keep having problems with the driver side shock leaking. Anyone have an idea why?

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
i had a problem offroading with my rough country one. the kit makes it hang down low and i bent it forward. then making it smash around the tierod. so i left it pushed up and took off the driver side one, havent noticed a different really.

·
Registered
467 Posts
so is there any diff fro the expensive ones and the cheap ones? Im looking at a ebay rancho dual setup for about 50 bucks

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
What about 2wd? Any big differences there? Mine didn't come with any either. I live in MI..... so bump steer here is wreched.

·
Jersey Strokers Director
939 Posts
I have the Rancho dual kit, and it's much better than the stock stabilizer. Plus it looks cool:nod:

·
Registered
104 Posts
i just put the superlift dual stabilizer kit on. and WOW is all i can say. it made a huge difference in steering control.the other cheaper setups have weak mounting brackets. this was a complete bolt in deal took about an hour with reading the directions.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I had a 2000 F350 dually that didn't come with a stab and it shook and shimmied. I installed a Superlift single stab and it was OK. I just lifted my 03 Ex with a kit from Donahoe Racing. 4.5" lift and 35's. It drives great. No shakes. Their dual stab kit is an easy bolt on. It uses opposed gas stabilizers, no reservoirs.
Good luck,

·
Premium Member
11,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i just put the superlift dual stabilizer kit on. and WOW is all i can say. it made a huge difference in steering control.the other cheaper setups have weak mounting brackets. this was a complete bolt in deal took about an hour with reading the directions.
Can you guys post pics of the setup?

·
Registered
467 Posts
is the rancho gas or oil?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I put the Rough Country dual kit on my truck and am more than happy with it. It is far from weak and cheesy and was much less than other "better" names. It is somewhat similar to a combination of that Rize kit and the Fabtech kit in the other pics but cost WAY less.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
I put the Rough Country dual kit on my truck and am more than happy with it. It is far from weak and cheesy and was much less than other "better" names. It is somewhat similar to a combination of that Rize kit and the Fabtech kit in the other pics but cost WAY less.
I just installed the RCX kit and its a great product I would say...for the price cannot be beat, I will be replacing the white shocks with others here soon, but the bracketry is very nice. And it can be bought for like $105 shipped.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Got a question for u techies out there. I'm running rough country 6" kit with dual stabs. Took her out to the mud run last night and it seems I bent one of my brackets on the passenger side stab. Stab looks ok, but I could be missing something. Any of you guys know a better bracket without changing out the stabilizers? Trying to keep everything rough country. Sooner the better, because I have some wicked bump steer issues at the moment

·
Super Moderator
13,237 Posts
here is a couple of pics of mine. they work great, i think i paid like 225 for the kit plus install.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Well, here's what I got. Over a closer inspection it appears the passenger side stab maybe twisted. But with new bracket it may just straighten up, I'm not sure. Hard to see with the mud, but my brackets are the exact same ones as that tuff country setup. I'm looking to replace those and/or find a mod to cover up the stabs. I even heard about a stab relocation kit from a buddy, but have never seen one. Anyone know of something like this?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts