Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gotta say im real happy with the bolt on bracket that Rize makes for the 08 PSD for dual steering stabilizers, only thing wierd about it is every bolt they gave me in the directions they had them written as a completely diffrent size.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
That looks awesome.. Did it change the ride any?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not to much but i only rode around the neighborhood, taken it to work today down the interstate and there are a few bumps that always jerk it alittle, so ill let ya know if it changed it alot

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The bump steering wasn't bad to begin with but this will just nip it in the butt before anything comes up hopefully.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
oh ok.. I have death wobble pretty bad so i was thinking something like this might help it out..

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So after first drive to work and back I did notice the steering being a little bit tighter and also when I go over a certain bump in the road that I normally hit the steering stayed perfect and was very smooth.

·
Registered
529 Posts
how much that kit run ya? I've been running rough country dual steering stabilizers...and I gotta tell ya, I'm not impressed with the brackets at all. Had it 3 weeks and I'm glad I bought an extra set because I saw the flaw in the design from the getgo.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how much that kit run ya? I've been running rough country dual steering stabilizers...and I gotta tell ya, I'm not impressed with the brackets at all. Had it 3 weeks and I'm glad I bought an extra set because I saw the flaw in the design from the getgo.
the bracket was something like $205 and each shock were around $280 each. Really EASY bolt on and install

·
Premium Member
2,276 Posts
Looks good.

I would recommend removing the factory stabilizer from the truck.
I removed my factory stab on my 2007 over the weekend and installed my Icon Vehicle Dynamics dual steering stabilizer setup and threw the factory one in the trash. Night and day difference going over rough sections on and off road now.

·
Registered
29 Posts
replaced factory stabilizer

I recently replace my factory stabilizer with a single rough country and it seems to have more travel than the factor. Have any of you all had the same thing happen? I am beginning to think the rough country was not worth getting.

·
Premium Member
2,276 Posts
I recently replace my factory stabilizer with a single rough country and it seems to have more travel than the factor. Have any of you all had the same thing happen? I am beginning to think the rough country was not worth getting.

The shock has more travel or you get more play in the wheel?

The design of the factory stabilizer and it's location isn't the ideal place since it will cause feedback throughout suspension travel. More pronounced on lifted trucks, but noticeable on a stock truck as well.

Something like the Rize brackets posted with dual opposed Nitrogen Charged stabilizer shocks, or like the dual Icon Vehicle Dynamics setup that I run with the Icon stabilizers that are nitrogen charged, is a much better design and location. It eliminated all the feedback I would get back through the wheel over rough/uneven patches of road. Night and day difference now. My stock stabilizer is in the trash where it belongs.

Here's a pic of my setup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts