Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the stock 275/65/R20 tires, and i sure get a lot of bump steer while towing etc. Can i install a aftermarket steering stabilizer kit like the one from Rancho? Also, will i have to remove the factory ford one to do this. It seems like a very simple install, just un-clear on removing the factory one. Thanks for the help:doh:

·
Registered
26 Posts
i have the 18s on mine, i was getting terrible bump steer so i put a stock replacement stabilizer from rancho (and shocks) rs 5000's. made a difference but if i had to do it over i would go with bilstein. bump steer is way less now, ride is better than stock. i had bilsteins on my 2000 7.3 and they were much better.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have the part# for that rancho ?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
circle back

rs5415 stock replacement. 4wheelparts.com has them for $52.99
Your the man! Thanks, so where any special tools needed ? And that's the one you have on your 2011? Just double checking before i order it......Thanks brotha :icon_ford:

·
Registered
26 Posts
that one goes where the old one is. no special tools, seems to be working for me. less bump steer than bfore, i did all the shocks too.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cool, gonna order mine up. :thumb:

·
Registered
3 Posts
bump steer

'Bump steer" - Does this mean it steers like a boat? This is what mine feels like when steering while towing my trailer.

·
Registered
25 Posts
i got the Rancho RS5415 stock replacement, but i can't get the old one off. one end comes off easy, but the other side is stuck. do i need a tie rod puller?

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
I am assuming that this means it wobbles a lot when you hit a bump? I am having this with mine and thought an aftermarket steering stabilizer would help. I think it's kind of like the "death wobble" that I've heard about in earlier models.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Personally I left the stock stabilizer in place and still installed a cheapo dual stabilizer kit from Procomp, not the prettiest thing but it works very well no bump steer at all and it only costed my 150$

·
Registered
264 Posts
I am assuming that this means it wobbles a lot when you hit a bump? I am having this with mine and thought an aftermarket steering stabilizer would help. I think it's kind of like the "death wobble" that I've heard about in earlier models.
Bump steer is nothing like the death wobble. Bump steer the steering wheel rocks back and forth a little while hitting a bump. The death wobble shakes the whole truck violently.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have thought about doing the ranch dual unit, or there is also one on ebay with dual blisters. I noticed the bump steer while driving home after buying truck. Thought maybe wheels were out of balance until I did some reading on here. I have a 4 wheel parts here in plano. I might do a single replacement for the factory unit if people are having luck with that though....

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
Bump steer is nothing like the death wobble. Bump steer the steering wheel rocks back and forth a little while hitting a bump. The death wobble shakes the whole truck violently.
Then bump steer is what I am experiencing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts