Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I need some new ones...want to get good ones...spoke with some informed people yesterday and am told that even ones suck as FOX...if you get straight emulsion style then they dont work right...cause when laid on their side the oil is all ove the place....when standing up course the nitrogen is on top holding the oil down...but sideways not so.

The only way is with a longer shock that has a divider in it or with a rezzie shock...now I am not spending $500 on 2 rezzie stabs.

Maybe I explained that explanation wrong...but thats how I understood it.

Anyone want to chime in here?

·
Smoke Eater
1,305 Posts
i have the fabtech dual kit and it works great

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess I should have asked.....does anyone know anything about laying the emulsion shocks on their side and it not making them work right?

Yes they work...yes yes...but right is the key word.

I know on FOXs site...is clearly states that *Emulsion shocks must be run "Body Side Up"

I see people all over running these laying down.

The shock guru I spoke with said to get the RIGHT working on the shock I would need it to be a rezzie shock.

Remember..works and works RIGHT is different.

·
Registered
765 Posts
The stabilizers don't take nearly as hard as an impact as a verticle shock does, as long as it pressurized right it will work great. With that being said, the only right way to run pressurized stabilizers is to run them dual and opposing. Bilstein, Icon and Fox are all great choices. As for a resi stabilizer, I don't see the purpose. The reason for a resi is more fluid capacity due to over heating of the shock, it has to be moving very rapidly for a good amount of time to get the actual use out of a resi shock. It won't foam and over heat as fast as a regular emusion shock causing shock fade. I don't see the need for this in a stabilizer on a street driven truck. Hell, resi shocks on our trucks serve no purpose but for great looks and the fine tuning out of the higher name brands. Speaking of daily drivers that is, if they're on a toy of if you're in the dunes every day that's a different story.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The stabilizers don't take nearly as hard as an impact as a verticle shock does, as long as it pressurized right it will work great. With that being said, the only right way to run pressurized stabilizers is to run them dual and opposing. Bilstein, Icon and Fox are all great choices. As for a resi stabilizer, I don't see the purpose. The reason for a resi is more fluid capacity due to over heating of the shock, it has to be moving very rapidly for a good amount of time to get the actual use out of a resi shock. It won't foam and over heat as fast as a regular emusion shock causing shock fade. I don't see the need for this in a stabilizer on a street driven truck. Hell, resi shocks on our trucks serve no purpose but for great looks and the fine tuning out of the higher name brands. Speaking of daily drivers that is, if they're on a toy of if you're in the dunes every day that's a different story.
I agreed with you..but call DownSouth and talk to them about it...seriously...I know you have the number.

The reason for the rezzie in this has nothing to do with the fading of the stabilizer...has to do with keeping the oil and nitrogen separate.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I call up Sonny and talk to him because I'm looking for some new stabilizers also right at this moment. I believe you for sure so I'd like to hear more about this, I'm always up to learning new stuff haha. Have you decided which ones you're going for?

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did you call and talk to them about em?

Any word on another set of those tires for me?

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I bought FOX cause I am changing all my shocks to FOX......

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Steering stabilizers

Hello everyone,
This Sonny from Downsouth Motorsports and I back tracked this link from our site.Fox does make a specific steering stabilizer for the Super Duty and it is a
Part # 980-02-099-A and for the '05-up would be part # 980-02-393-A and what makes these unique is they have an IFP which stands for an "Internal Floating Piston" and this piston floats back and forth in the same cylinder as the oil and the shaft assembly.That is why the Fox steering stabilizers have such a long body and short shaft stroke (No Pun Intended) because this shock has an IFP and is designed to be run horizontally because the IFP pushes against the fluid and the nitrogen in the chamber is creating force and does not allow the fluid to build an air pocket...You can not compress a fluid so the IFP floats back and forth as the shaft compresses and extends and fluid is displaced.They also have regular valving in them as well..

Sorry for the long explanation, I figured I would throw in my 2 cents...

Thank you,
Sonny

I agreed with you..but call DownSouth and talk to them about it...seriously...I know you have the number.

The reason for the rezzie in this has nothing to do with the fading of the stabilizer...has to do with keeping the oil and nitrogen separate.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the explanation I ordered mine from you guys on Thursday...so I guess I got the right ones...heck I dunno. They should be here in a few days I suppose.

·
Premium Member
4,125 Posts
what in the world is W.C. Motorsports?

·
Premium Member
4,125 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
That's just beyond retarded. I could build a higher quality trac bar and mount it to the top of the ball joint instead of the bottom like this one for about $875 cheaper. And that would be a VERY nice quality built trac bar. Anyway, back to the subject of steering stabilizers.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That's just beyond retarded. I could build a higher quality trac bar and mount it to the top of the ball joint instead of the bottom like this one for about $875 cheaper. And that would be a VERY nice quality built trac bar. Anyway, back to the subject of steering stabilizers.
Its called redonkulous...lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts