Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i turn a corner (left or right doesn't matter) and then go straight their is a feeling that it is still trying to turn that same direction.if i give it a quick correction in the opposite direction it will be fine after that untill the next turn. I've had a alignment done and it still is their, any guesses on what it could be?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anybody know?

·
Desert Shield/Storm Vet
9,092 Posts
How are your tires? Are they wearing evenly?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes they are brand new only got 5,000 miles on them , and i had a alignment done about 3 weeks ago

·
Desert Shield/Storm Vet
9,092 Posts
hmm crawl underneath and make sure your steering linkage and track bar looks good and you might want to check your ball joints they will cause the truck to wander:thumb:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes that is what i just found out today from the aliginment shop. thanx for all the help

·
Registered
214 Posts
My truck has the exact same problem as the OP. The dealership told me I need new upper and lower ball joints. The mechanic told me they were too "tight", and that thats pretty uncommon for ball joints? They wanted $1400 to replace them, I refused. I have no way of telling whether or not he's lying to me, but since I got my truck back from them the problem seems better. Go figure. Anyways, I'm going on a 3300 mile round trips next month. Should I be concerned about my ball joints failing, and my front tires falling off while going 70mph down the highway?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts