Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO ive replaced my Steering Gearbox with a Blue Top, ball joints, drag links, tie rods except the track bar.

I still have 11 o'clock to 1 o'clock worth of steering play and im just frustrated. The gearbox was replaced back in October of 18. I last had an alignment done by Ford back in February. I emailed Blue Top just to see if there was an adjustment maybe. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas on what I could do or check to improve this? its getting stressful keeping the truck straight pulling the camper. ( not sway , just wandering of the front end due to the steering )

·
Registered
60 Posts
I had a similar issue, on top of the steering box there is a nut and a allen head set screw in the middle of the nut, loosen the nut and turn (tighten) the allen head set screw a 1/4 - 1/2 turn and snug the nut back. The gears on the box work like intertwining fingers. So by tightening that in small portions will push the gears closer together each time until desired play is achieved. It worked on mine. Hope this helps. see picture attached for the correct screw/nut.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts