Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I took my 2014 F250 to the dealer to have it looked over. Gearbox was ok. Suspension looked good, track bar was good, tie rods are all good. Steering stabilzer is good. Has 143,000 now. I’m debating wether or not to buy a Fox dual steering stabilzer ($400 installed) to see if this helped take some slop out of the steering. I’ve seen some for a lot cheaper but Fox was recommended by my local diesel shop. What do ya’ll think? Oh and fyi it has a readly lift leveling kit installed. Came with it from the dealer.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It’s responsive to steering but feels loose. Especially if i hit any small bumps to the point it can be kinda scary on some rougher curvy highways. Not a deathe wobble but steering shakes

·
Registered
108 Posts
It’s responsive to steering but feels loose. Especially if i hit any small bumps to the point it can be kinda scary on some rougher curvy highways. Not a deathe wobble but steering shakes
That’s a steering component gone bad. Steering stabilizers won’t help you. Take it to a better shop to have it inspected again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2018 with 10k and I’m starting to get a death wobble after hitting a pot hole. On a washboard road it’s constant. Taking the truck to Daytona so I’m going to bring it back to the dealership. Anyone have these issues with a brand new truck.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I took my truck to Midas to have a Fox dual stabiler instslled. This was after the dealer telling me that there was absolutly nothing wrong with the front end after “a thorough inspection”.So i get a call from Midas after they are done installing it and they take me into the shop to look under the truck. He pointed out my tie rod bushing was blown out. Back to the dealer I go. Now after showing the tec at Ford this he tries to tell me that that is normal and nothing wrong with it. Long story short i drove straight to another dealership and they replaced both tie rod ends and track bar no questions asked. $1700 all under warranty.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts