Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an early build 08 (02/07)! Need to upgrading to newer gear box! What year models will work?

Any help will be appreciated!
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
2008 Ford F-250 Harley Davidson 6.4 Dynamic Diesel stage 1 kit, ODD Intake, and way more. 馃挩
Like I told you in your other post, you are too old to upgrade. Unless you replace your steering column or end.

They go up to 07-30-2007
And then from 08-01-2007

You would have to be 08/07 or newer

Premium Member
they also sell the beefier version which that post referred to, which will not fit on his application. also didnt mention if the op in that post tightened the box adjustment nut to spec during install so could even be user error.

Registered
2008 Ford F-250 Harley Davidson 6.4 Dynamic Diesel stage 1 kit, ODD Intake, and way more. 馃挩
Yeah redheads fail quite often, if he changed out the shaft end and put a 6.7 box on it, it would be much better. Red heads use nickle sodium metals, as factorys use a stellite or cobalt chromium.
In retrospec, it will not wear as fast and the metal actually has a dry film on it for constant lubrication and improves greatly the wear capabilities.

But if he wants to use a red head. I鈥檓 sure he is better off. You do need skill and a mechanical background to be able to pull off a custom setup.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts