Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i know there's another thread about adjusting play in the steering box, but i can't seem to find it again, so here's my question

If my memory serves me right, to tighten up the steering(i.e. take the play out), i remember reading the bolt on top needs to be turned counter clock wise.

Well about 3 months ago when i was putting on my steering stablizers i did that, and for some reason it seems like i have even more play.

It seems like turning it counter clockwise would actually in fact, back the adjustment bolt/screw out of the steering box, which i would think would put more play in the steering. So does that mean when i read the other thread i read it wrong, or is that correct and maybe i just need to turn it some more?

thanks in advance for the help guys. I hope some of this makes since.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Loosen nut and turn adjuster bolt clockwise. Only do small adjustments and then check it. Don't overtighten it.

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Loosen nut and turn adjuster bolt clockwise. Only do small adjustments and then check it. Don't overtighten it.

ah hah. no wonder i have more play. I loosened the nut, and turned the adjuster bolt counter clockwise:doh::doh:

Thanks man!!:thumb::thumb:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts