Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Sorry there's no way they are detectable as they are an "interrupter" not a flash.

So much misinformation in this thread about dealers, corporate and magic in these trucks PCM's....

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
161 Posts
When my module get delivered, if I do decide to install it I will post my experiences. It might take a while to drive enough to have a opinion. I commute about 200 miles to work so my Honda Accord is still the commuter I drive. The truck sits in the driveway and gets washed a lot but not that many miles are put on it.

·
Registered
161 Posts
So I got forscan hooked up for stock. I wanted to look at fuel rail pressure and egts before hooking the module up. Please feel free to input on other items to look at. I want to see the stock numbers before installing the module

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
161 Posts
So I got the module yesterday. I drove around stock with forscan hooked and have an idea of rail pressure. It changes so often and fast. I will look at boost and load while the vehicle is stock. I did put the module on for a little bit yesterday. I can tell a difference especially from a stop. I was driving around town so hard to really test and did not have much time. I will play with it more in a few days. One thing i did notice intermittently was letting off the accelerator there was a delay to when the rpms dropped about a second. It was like my foot was still on the accelerator. I have noticed this before the module but much more noticable with the module. Again i didnt have much time but so far I am thinking about sending it back. I don't like the pedal decelleration thing.

·
Premium Member
2,357 Posts
So I got the module yesterday. I drove around stock with forscan hooked and have an idea of rail pressure. It changes so often and fast. I will look at boost and load while the vehicle is stock. I did put the module on for a little bit yesterday. I can tell a difference especially from a stop. I was driving around town so hard to really test and did not have much time. I will play with it more in a few days. One thing i did notice intermittently was letting off the accelerator there was a delay to when the rpms dropped about a second. It was like my foot was still on the accelerator. I have noticed this before the module but much more noticable with the module. Again i didnt have much time but so far I am thinking about sending it back. I don't like the pedal decelleration thing.

Any module or tuner that increases rail pressure (pretty much all of them) will have an increased accel delay as the rail bleeds off excess pressure. The more pressure, the more it is noticeable.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Any module or tuner that increases rail pressure (pretty much all of them) will have an increased accel delay as the rail bleeds off excess pressure. The more pressure, the more it is noticeable.
That makes sense. So I watched fuel rail volts stock and then with the module. I don't really notice a difference. Not sure if forscan show the volts before or after the module. I tried watching the actual pressure but it changes so fast hard to tell. Maybe the volts rise a little faster with module, hard to say. To be honest I don't really feel a difference. As I said somewhere else throttle might be snappier, worth the price with the switch? Right now I say no. Truck has plenty of power stock. I will keep it on for a little longer as I am curious if the regens are more frequent. For those of you on the fence my opinion is don't buy it, not too much different. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had the AG 22300 Module on for a week now on my 2018 I have just over 11K miles on the truck and I have just over 6K of total towing miles. The Module has given me 2-2.5 MPG, I do not notice the increase in power but I'm sure there is a difference. I do notice the "chatter" when I run high RPMs. the CS agent at AG says that some people put on aftermarket fuel lifters. I don't have any experience with those. Do any of you all? Is there a thread on this forum that might talk about that?

·
Registered
2020 Ford F350 Lariat
1 Posts
i know this is an older thread. Would the guys that installed these in 18 comment on how they are liking or not liking the Stealth module?

·
Registered
161 Posts
i know this is an older thread. Would the guys that installed these in 18 comment on how they are liking or not liking the Stealth module?
I took mine off a few months later. Had a check engine light come on and it was for high fuel pressure. Can’t say the module caused it but it has not happened since I took it off. The CEL only came on once in a few months I ran the module. There was a difference in response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
All,
I just pulled the trigger on one of these. Stealth Modules Wanting to do a Delete.(for some time now) and having done them on my past rides. I called and spoke with Eric. (super dude!) he explained to me how why etc... so I decided to pull the bank trigger.

Ill do my best to report back. pics and all.
-Sam
I have one on my 05 6.0. I like it. Causes a hard start in the mornings, but has been getting Lea and less as time goes by. Is it worth the $600.....no. I'd pay $300-$400 for it. Still happy with it though. It takes a couple weeks to adjust to how you drive. Longer ID you're like me and tend to put your foot in it. Good response, less turbo lag ( but it's still there, but less though). I replaced the ICP sensor for the hell of it and the ICP plug. I like it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Stealth

My truck hates anything over about 72 MPH. Mileage falls on its face. Hard to do when speed limits are 70, 75 and 80 MPH out here. That and the fact that I like to get to my destination.
My 05 is the same way. Anything above 80mph she doesn't like. Which is fine with me cause I love cruising at 75mph and feeling her growl.

·
Administrator
23,314 Posts
My 05 is the same way. Anything above 80mph she doesn't like. Which is fine with me cause I love cruising at 75mph and feeling her growl.
Considering you quoted a post from 2018 thats a solid review.
Why do you need a stealth box on a 6.0?

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Just ordered a module and am looking forward to see how it functions and if the MPG is there. When I haul, its my 40' toyhauler weighing in at 14375 loaded out. We'll be making a trip out to Strugis SD in a couple weeks so I'll have some good mileage to see differences.

Reactions: ZMANN
21 - 34 of 34 Posts