Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
All,
I just pulled the trigger on one of these. Stealth Modules Wanting to do a Delete.(for some time now) and having done them on my past rides. I called and spoke with Eric. (super dude!) he explained to me how why etc... so I decided to pull the bank trigger.

Ill do my best to report back. pics and all.
-Sam

Premium Member
Any updates on the stealth module?

my 1999s pcm code is a nightmare for tuners so I have been considering the stealth but one wasn't available.for the 7.3l until just recently and I can't find any credible reviews on it yet lol.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All,
My plan was to run with it and then do an install with pics. Well? Im still running with it. Install is literally just sitting onto of my battery.!
1: I bought the model with the performance switch. 0-3 Off, 30, 60 & 90 Hp
2: Install took less then 5 mins. (not counting the fact I plugged it in backwards!)
3: instantly I noticed a difference. But am told it takes time for your ride to adapt. But thus far? Worth it.
4: I decided on 90hp mode... its been almost 2 weeks now and in truth? I think its getting more responsive. Its almost impossible to stay off the pedal. though Im trying like hell.
5: the mileage will vary. if I stay out of it.? its seems like no less than 1mpg diff. then if I get in it? well then it drops below what I was getting.
this part is not scientific in any way. just my opinion and my experience.
6: the install Yet to do a final install but will with pics.

Notes. The install while easy. is all too easy to plug it in backwards. the plug does not resist being plugged in wrong.YMMV.
Ill follow up when I do the install.

Last thing I don't know why my messages got placed in another folder. on my email server so sorry for the late reply.

Premium Member
Stealth Module

I just received mine. Need to install it this weekend and see if it does increase my mileage. I am getting right around 17 so far with almost 4,000 miles on it.

Premium Member
Installed the Stealth Module last night. Easy five minute install, just follow the directions. Took it out for a ten mile test run. Had it set on 90 HP. Kick in the pants, no doubt there is a lot more there in terms of HP and torque. Have to keep reminding myself that I have under 4, 000 miles and shouldn't be running the **** out of it yet.
Left this morning on a 560 mile sales trip, running highway speeds around 75 -78 MPH, cruise on sometimes, not always. My mileage on the lie-ometer is up over 3 MPG. Will fill it up tomorrow before I head back and figure out true mileage. Right now it has me at 19.8 miles per gallon. Not even down to 1/2 tank yet. If this is close I have picked up almost 3MPG.
I keep you posted for the next few days. Long trip to BC Canada next week. Almost 1800 miles round trip. Hopefully it keeps this up.

Premium Member

Premium Member
Stealth Module

overall I have seen my mileage go up about 2 1/2 miles per gallon. Usually run it on the 90HP setting. I have not pulled a large trailer any distance yet, so I'll have to see what happens then.
I have noticed this truck gets it best mileage under 72MPH. Anytime I go over I see a drop in mileage. Needs one more OD gear.
Overall average since new is 17.4 according to the lie meter(which is close when hand figuring mileage). Only have 8500 miles so I feel motor is just getting broke in.

Registered
Has anyone had their engines scanned to see if they are detectable...2017 or newer?

I would love to install one, but just don't feel I can take a chance at voiding the warranty.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Premium Member
Syealth Module

My 2018 has been in for its 7500 Mile oil change and check up. Took module out beforehand. No mention of it was made. They did check the ECM and reported that everything was good.
Put it back on when I got back home. Five minutes and it was re installed.

Super Moderator
Has anyone had their engines scanned to see if they are detectable...2017 or newer?

I would love to install one, but just don't feel I can take a chance at voiding the warranty.

Dealers can't detect, only Ford can.

Premium Member
Care to elaborate on that? Are you saying the truck would have to go to Dearborn, MI to find out if a module had been installed?

Super Moderator
Care to elaborate on that? Are you saying the truck would have to go to Dearborn, MI to find out if a module had been installed?
Dealer hooks their computer up to truck, Ford downloads and reviews files dealership does not have access to.

Would only worry about something like that on a catastrophic failure.

Premium Member
Dealer hooks their computer up to truck, Ford downloads and reviews files dealership does not have access to.

Would only worry about something like that on a catastrophic failure.
Ah! gotcha. That makes sense.

At the same time though, catastrophic failure is really the reason I want to keep the warranty viable.

Registered
Any updates?

Premium Member
Towing with Stealth Module

Wife just got back from a trip pulling her horse trailer. Fully loaded it weighs right near 12,500 lbs. She put on a little over 490 miles. Meter had mileage at 15.1 per gallon, hand figured at 14.8 per gallon. Ran it on 30 HP setting. She babies it when she has the horses in the trailer, so mileage is pretty darn good in my opinion.
I have a hunting trip coming up in a month that I will be hauling the horses over some pretty good mountain passes, over 1200 miles round trip. Interested in what it does then.

Registered
That's pretty impressive. We just hauled our 4 horse with 14' living quarters and our SxS 500 miles round trip and got 11.2 with the cruise set 75 mph for probably 85% of the trip

Premium Member
Stealth

My truck hates anything over about 72 MPH. Mileage falls on its face. Hard to do when speed limits are 70, 75 and 80 MPH out here. That and the fact that I like to get to my destination.

Registered
I have ordered one of these and it should be here soon. I was excited but know I am having second thoughts. My issue is with the warranty. Having Ford be able to detect it and possibly void a warranty is making me a little nervous now. I am on the fence. I have a feeling it might be going back and I won't have to worry.

Registered
I'm with you, I've been on the fence as well.
I have a co-worker that has put one on his 2015 and no issues, but I hear the 2017 have a lot more detection regarding this kind of stuff?

Has anyone talked to Ford or their dealer about these?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts