Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone gotten the stealth module for their trucks? If so have you seen any mpg gains? Mines fully deleted with 5” down pipe back with mini maxx and my own tunes. 8inch lift on 37s I’m getting higher 15s city and 20-23 normal driving and was curious if it would gain any or not

·
Premium Member
11,857 Posts
I've seen a few of these modules advertised, Stealth being one of them. Ag solutions is another and I think I remember one other one. Is the Stealth option considered to be the better of the options or is it just more popular because it has the best name? :grin:

Stealth Module
^^That is the right one isn't it?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Pretty sure Heavy is being sarcastic here. There was another thread a while back about a similar product that the consensus was it made no difference in MPG and actually caused some problems. I recall several people buying and reporting their results and I think they all ended up removing the device.

Reactions: Sloz71

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I’ve seen a few advertised but the stealth one seems like it was the most popular and since I looked at it it keeps popping up all over Facebook but I didn’t know what your thoughts were on it and for 500 bucks it outta work. Maybe I’ll just get some more horse juices and see what happens

·
Premium Member
11,857 Posts
Pretty sure Heavy is being sarcastic here. There was another thread a while back about a similar product that the consensus was it made no difference in MPG and actually caused some problems. I recall several people buying and reporting their results and I think they all ended up removing the device.
Conflicting info...
https://www.powerstroke.org/forum/6...ion-2017/1344377-stealth-modules-ordered.html

I'm personally not real concerned with mpg gains as long as it's not mpg losses. Improved throttle response and maybe a little extra kick of HP would be nice though. I can barely feel the turbo spool most of the time on this 6.7. Nothing like my old 6.0. You could really tell when it starting pulling. Granted, the 6.7 is probably producing as much or more HP and torque as my tuned 6.0, but it just doesn't "feel" like it. LOL

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Stealth

You do not need to delete to run it. I am running stock except for an S & B Air intake. In the 90 HP setting I am seeing a couple of miles per gallon improvement in mileage. Hard to keep your foot out of it, the power is definitely there, no lag whatsoever. with the S&B it gives a throaty diesel sound, not noisy but satisfying to actually hear the motor.
The 60 HP seems to add about three miles better economy. Haven't really towed with it yet, so I don't know how it will do.
The module will definitely pay for itself in time.

·
Premium Member
11,857 Posts
Ok, I broke down and ordered one for my 2017. Curiosity got the better of me.

Reactions: backhoebill

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hey can someone give me the quick lowdown on running a stealth kit on a HS Tuned %^&* 2011 6.7? I'm only looking for better mileage. How can the stealth module add better MPG over a HS tune?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've been getting around 16.5 mixed city/highway (12 towing an 11k lb toy hauler) stock except a S&B and an Edge Evolution CS2 in HiPo mode. I'm looking primarily for better throttle response which should improve mileage. 16CCSB with 3.31 gears lugs a little on the local highways at 60mph unless I downshift into 5th to get it into the power band. Mine was just delivered and I'll probably install it this weekend.

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Hey can someone give me the quick lowdown on running a stealth kit on a HS Tuned %^&* 2011 6.7? I'm only looking for better mileage. How can the stealth module add better MPG over a HS tune?
As far as I know the modules like the Stealth are not made to run on a tuned truck. The whole point of them is to give people who don't want to tune and ****** their truck an option. So you probably won't find anyone with this set up. But I've been wrong before.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.