Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got finish racing the other day and my STC fitting blew out and i got the latest STC fitting from ford (the one nut unit) and it blew out bad and cracked the cover case housing for the rear main seal... Anyone know how this would happen? to much pressure?

·
Registered
157 Posts
mine did the exact same thing. luckaily the dealer fixed it for free since it happend a week after i bought it. the old stc fittings are pressed on the oil pump and the newer version is threaded on to prevent it from blowing it out. its gonna take a decent amount of time to get this all fixed. you have to drop the tranny to be able to take the rear plate off.

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
right..I understood that on yours, but didn't fully understand that on the OP

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I actually had the new STC fitting and blew that one but ford came out with a even NEWER verison of it its like $40 bucks with gaskets and new bolts for the fitting and HPOP and gaskets for the turbo for the 05 trucks.. took me four hours to drop the transmission today iam getting the cover case housing for the rear main seal tomorrow and in stall it this weekend hopefully get the truck running again by monday or tuesday...

·
Premium Member
19,112 Posts
What's the part number of the new STC fitting and gasket kit?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It all comes together the part number is 4C3Z-9B246-E

·
Registered
258 Posts
part number is correct and remember to change the oil rail plugs while in there, and the updated turbo drain and feed tube.

·
Premium Member
19,112 Posts
part number is correct and remember to change the oil rail plugs while in there, and the updated turbo drain and feed tube.
Are those included in the kit or do you have the part numbers for those? If I'm going to be tearing it down, just want to make sure I have everything I need. Thanks!

·
Registered
258 Posts
oil rail plug number for ford is W301390 and W301386
updated oil drain tube for turbo is 1876071C91 from international or 6C3Z-9T515-A from ford
updated oil feed for turbo is 1845287C95 international or 3C3Z-9T516-A from ford

·
Premium Member
19,112 Posts
Thanks, man! :thumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts